CX310-065 - Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 6 Programmer
Retired. This product is no longer available.
uCertify uses content from well known publishers, instructors, and subject matter experts. They have a minimum of 15 years of experience in their fields. uCertify brings these textbooks to life. It is full of interactive activities that keeps the learner engaged. uCertify brings all available learning resources for a topic in one place so that the learner can efficiently learn without going to multiple places. Challenge questions are also embedded in the chapters so learners can attempt those while they are learning about that particular topic. This helps them grasp the concepts better because they can go over it again right away which improves learning. Learners can do Flashcards, Exercises, Quizzes and Labs related to each chapter. At the end of every lesson, uCertify courses guide the learners on the path they should follow.
uCertify platform supports 50+ different types of interactive activities, connect the idea, or try it yourself lab activities embedded throughout its course. These interactive activities keeps learners engaged and makes learning fun.
Here's What You Get
Each lesson comes with Exercises, Flashcards & Quizzes. There is no limit to the number of times learners can attempt these. Exercises come with detailed remediation, which ensures that learners are confident on the topic before proceeding. Flashcards help master the key concepts while Glossary defines the key terms.
uCertify course includes videos to help understand concepts. It also includes How Tos that help learners with how to accomplish certain tasks.
Here's What you will Learn
Lesson 1: Declarations, Initialization, and Scoping
- Develop code that declares classes, interfaces, and enums
- Develop code that declares an interface and abstract class
- Develop code that declares, initializes, and uses primitives, arrays, enums, and objects
- Determine if a method is correctly overriding or overloading another method
- Given a set of classes and superclasses, develop constructors for one or more of the classes
Lesson 2: Flow Control
- Develop code that implements all forms of loops and iterators
- if or switch statement
- Use of assertions
- Exceptions and exception handling clauses
- Error and exceptions
Lesson 3: API Contents
- Develop code that uses the primitive wrapper classes
- Navigating file systems, reading from files, writing to files, or interacting with the user
- Use standard J2SE APIs in the java.text package
- Use standard J2SE APIs in the java.util and java.util.regex packages
Lesson 4: Concurrency
- Write code to define, instantiate, and start new threads
- Recognize the states in which a thread can exist... thread can transition from one state to another
- Object locking
Lesson 5: OOP Concepts
- Effect of modifiers on inheritance
- Overloaded methods and constructors
- Develop code that implements is-a and/or has-a relationships
Lesson 6: Collections / Generics
- Collection classes and/or interfaces
- Correct and incorrect overrides of corresponding hashCode and equals methods
- Collections API
- Type parameters in class/interface declarations
- java.util package
Lesson 7: Fundamentals
- Use the appropriate access modifiers, package declarations, and import statements
- Given an example of a class and a command-line, determine the expected runtime behavior
- Determine the effect upon object references and primitive values when they are passed into methods
- Recognize the point at which an object becomes eligible for garbage collection
- Given the fully-qualified name of a class that is deployed inside and/or outside a JAR file
- Write code that correctly applies the appropriate operators
Test Prep & Practice Questions
uCertify provides full length practice tests. These tests closely follow the exam objectives and are designed to simulate real exam conditions. Each course has a number of test sets consisting of hundreds of items to ensure that learners are prepared for the certification exam.
Here's What You Get
Each question comes with detailed remediation explaining not only why an answer option is correct but also why the incorrect answer options are incorrect.
Each test can be taken unlimited number of times until the learner feels they are prepared. Learner can review the test and read detailed remediation. Detailed test history is also available.
Each test set comes with learn, test and review modes. In learn mode, learners will attempt a question and will get immediate feedback and complete remediation as they move on to the next question. In test mode, learners can take a timed test simulating the actual exam conditions. In review mode, learners can read through one item at a time without attempting it.
The Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 6 Programmer certification exam is a standalone certification from Oracle with the exam code CX310-065. The new code of this exam is 1Z0-851.
This certification is a proof of a person's competence across the basic syntax and structure of the Java programming language to create Java technology based applications.
Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 6 Programmer certified professional has several career opportunities opens up to them, including:
- Java Programmer/Developer
- Java Software Engineer
- Java Architect
- Web Developer
While there are no official prerequisites to take the Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 5/SE 6 certification, both Oracle and uCertify strongly recommend that the candidate have basic knowledge of the Java Programming Language or another major programming language and take the following Oracle courses:
- Fundamentals of the Java Programming Language, Java SE 6
- Java Programming Language, Java SE 6
In the event that you fail your first attempt at passing the CX310-065 exam, Oracle's retake policy is:
- You must wait 14 days before retaking a failed exam.
- Passed exams and Beta exams cannot be re-taken.
- Candidates may retake an online non-proctored exam at any time
Click here for more information.