70-536 - MCTS - C# .NET Framework, Application Development Foundation
Retired. This product is no longer available.
uCertify uses content from well known publishers, instructors, and subject matter experts. They have a minimum of 15 years of experience in their fields. uCertify brings these textbooks to life. It is full of interactive activities that keeps the learner engaged. uCertify brings all available learning resources for a topic in one place so that the learner can efficiently learn without going to multiple places. Challenge questions are also embedded in the chapters so learners can attempt those while they are learning about that particular topic. This helps them grasp the concepts better because they can go over it again right away which improves learning. Learners can do Flashcards, Exercises, Quizzes and Labs related to each chapter. At the end of every lesson, uCertify courses guide the learners on the path they should follow.
uCertify platform supports 50+ different types of interactive activities, connect the idea, or try it yourself lab activities embedded throughout its course. These interactive activities keeps learners engaged and makes learning fun.
Here's What You Get
Each lesson comes with Exercises, Flashcards & Quizzes. There is no limit to the number of times learners can attempt these. Exercises come with detailed remediation, which ensures that learners are confident on the topic before proceeding. Flashcards help master the key concepts while Glossary defines the key terms.
Here's What you will Learn
Lesson 1: Developing applications that use system types and collections
- Manage data in a .NET Framework application by u...ForwardedToAttribute classes Boxing and UnBoxing
- Manage a group of associated data in a .NET Fram...Base, DictionaryBase and DictionaryEntry classes
- Improve type safety and application performance ...sses and generic LinkedList.Enumerator structure
- Manage data in a .NET Framework application by u...d BitVector32 and BitVector32.Section structures
- Implement .NET Framework interfaces to cause com...rtible, ICloneable, IEquatable, and IFormattable
- Control interactions between .NET Framework appl...and EventArgs classes and EventHandler delegates
Lesson 2: Implementing service processes, threading, and application domains in a .NET Framework applicat
- Implement, install, and control a service. (Refe...on structure and SessionChangeReason enumeration
- Develop multithreaded .NET Framework application...cture, and Monitor, Mutex, and Semaphore classes
- Create a unit of isolation for common language r...ain. Load assemblies into an application domain.
Lesson 3: Embedding configuration, diagnostic, management, and installation features into a .NET Framework app
- Embed configuration management functionality int...ider interfaces ConfigurationValidatorBase class
- Create a custom Microsoft Windows Installer for ...ter remote objects by using configuration files.
- Manage an event log by using the System.Diagnost... read from an event log. Create a new event log.
- Manage system processes and monitor the performa...ine arguments. StackTrace and StackFrame classes
- Debug and trace a .NET Framework application by ...ventlogTraceListener classes Debugger attributes
- Embed management information and events into a ....vents by using the ManagementEventWatcher class.
Lesson 4: Implementing serialization and input/output functionality in a .NET Framework application
- Serialize or deserialize an object or an object ...atterServices classes StreamingContext structure
- Control the serialization of an object into XML ...vided by the System.Xml.Serialization namespace.
- Implement custom serialization formatting by usi...ntime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary namespace)
- Access files and folders by using the File Syste...ventArgs class, and RenamedEventHandler delegate
- Manage byte streams by using Stream classes. (Re...ss, MemoryStream class, and BufferedStream class
- Manage the .NET Framework application data by us...r classes, BinaryReader and BinaryWriter classes
- Compress or decompress stream information in a ....ileStream, DeflateStream, and GZipStream classes
Lesson 5: Improving the security of the .NET Framework applications by using the .NET Framework 2.0 security f
- Implement code access security to improve the se...ionSet classes, and Standard Security interfaces
- Implement access control by using the System.Sec... CompoundAce, GenericAce, and GenericAcl classes
- Implement a custom authentication scheme by usin...(Refer System.Security.Authentication namespace)
- Encrypt, decrypt, and hash data by using the Sys...es Hash-based Message Authentication Code (HMAC)
- Control permissions for resources by using the S...tyPermission, and ZoneIdentityPermission classes
- Control code privileges by using System.Security...ition, and IIdentityPermissionFactory interfaces
- Access and modify identity information by using ...ference, and IdentityReferenceCollection classes
Lesson 6: Implementing interoperability, reflection, and mailing functionality in a .NET Framework application
- Expose COM components to the .NET Framework and ...sembly and deploy an application for COM access.
- Call unmanaged DLL functions in a .NET Framework...terop MarshalAsAttribute class and Marshal class
- Implement reflection functionality in a .NET Fra...Base and MethodBody classes, and Builder classes
- Send e-mail to a Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (...lternateView and AlternateViewCollection classes
Lesson 7: Implementing globalization, drawing, and text manipulation functionality in a .NET Framework applica
- Format data based on culture information. (Refer...ss based on existing culture and region classes.
- Enhance the user interface of a .NET Framework a...Framework application by using shapes and sizes.
- Enhance the text handling capabilities of a .NET...asses. Capture class and CaptureCollection class
Test Prep & Practice Questions
uCertify provides full length practice tests. These tests closely follow the exam objectives and are designed to simulate real exam conditions. Each course has a number of test sets consisting of hundreds of items to ensure that learners are prepared for the certification exam.
Here's What You Get
Each question comes with detailed remediation explaining not only why an answer option is correct but also why the incorrect answer options are incorrect.
Each test can be taken unlimited number of times until the learner feels they are prepared. Learner can review the test and read detailed remediation. Detailed test history is also available.
Each test set comes with learn, test and review modes. In learn mode, learners will attempt a question and will get immediate feedback and complete remediation as they move on to the next question. In test mode, learners can take a timed test simulating the actual exam conditions. In review mode, learners can read through one item at a time without attempting it.
The exam 70-536-CSHARP is applicable to both Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 and Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 certification tracks. Previously, it was named as TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Application Development Foundation but now its name has got changed. The exam covers the different features in .Net framework regarding the development, configuration, management, installation of various applications in the given framework.
A 70-536-CSHARP Certified Professional has several career opportunities open up to
- Web Applications Developer
- Windows Applications Developer
- Enterprise Applications Developer
Net price does not include applicable taxes, vouchers, promotions or membership discounts you may have.
(on a scale of 0-1000)
In the event that you fail your first attempt at passing the 70-536 exam, Microsoft's retake policy is:
- If a candidate does not achieve a passing score on an exam the first time, the candidate must wait at least a 24-hour period before retaking the exam.
- If a candidate does not achieve a passing score the second time, the candidate must wait at least a 14-day period before retaking the exam a third time.
- A 14-day waiting period will also be imposed for the fourth and fifth subsequent exam retakes. A candidate may not take a given exam any more than five times per year (12 months). This 12-month period would start the day of the fifth unsuccessful exam retake. The
candidate would then be eligible to retake the exam 12 months from that date. In order to take a given exam more than five times per year, a candidate must submit a request and obtain prior permission from Microsoft.
- If a candidate achieves a passing score on an exam, the candidate cannot take it again.