uCertify uses content from well known publishers, instructors, and subject matter experts. They have a minimum of 15 years of experience in their fields. uCertify brings these textbooks to life. It is full of interactive activities that keeps the learner engaged. uCertify brings all available learning resources for a topic in one place so that the learner can efficiently learn without going to multiple places. Challenge questions are also embedded in the chapters so learners can attempt those while they are learning about that particular topic. This helps them grasp the concepts better because they can go over it again right away which improves learning. Learners can do Flashcards, Exercises, Quizzes and Labs related to each chapter. At the end of every lesson, uCertify courses guide the learners on the path they should follow.
uCertify platform supports 50+ different types of interactive activities, connect the idea, or try it yourself lab activities embedded throughout its course. These interactive activities keeps learners engaged and makes learning fun.
Here's What You Get
Each lesson comes with Exercises, Flashcards & Quizzes. There is no limit to the number of times learners can attempt these. Exercises come with detailed remediation, which ensures that learners are confident on the topic before proceeding. Flashcards help master the key concepts while Glossary defines the key terms.
uCertify course includes videos to help understand concepts. It also includes How Tos that help learners with how to accomplish certain tasks.
Test Prep & Practice Questions
uCertify provides full length practice tests. These tests closely follow the exam objectives and are designed to simulate real exam conditions. Each course has a number of test sets consisting of hundreds of items to ensure that learners are prepared for the certification exam.
Here's What You Get
Each question comes with detailed remediation explaining not only why an answer option is correct but also why the incorrect answer options are incorrect.
Each test can be taken unlimited number of times until the learner feels they are prepared. Learner can review the test and read detailed remediation. Detailed test history is also available.
Each test set comes with learn, test and review modes. In learn mode, learners will attempt a question and will get immediate feedback and complete remediation as they move on to the next question. In test mode, learners can take a timed test simulating the actual exam conditions. In review mode, learners can read through one item at a time without attempting it.
The MCTS: SQL Server 2008, Database Development certification exam is a standalone certification from Microsoft with the exam code 70-433.
The certification is targeted at database developer, database administrator and database manager. Professionals with this exam typically work with the full suite of BI technologies in SQL Server 2008, including Reporting Services, Analysis Services and Integration Services.
A Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): SQL Server 2008, Database Development Certified Professional has several career opportunities open up to them, including:
- Database developer
- Database administrator
- Database manager
- SQL Server database developer
Pricing and taxes may vary from country to country.
The MCTS - Database Development Using SQL Server 2008 is administered by Prometric and Pearson VUE at testing centers worldwide.
Microsoft has following prerequisite for (MCTS): SQL Server 2008, Database Development certification:
- Candidates should have two to three years of experience creating business intelligence (BI) solutions with SQL Server 2008.
(on a scale of 0-1000)
In the event that you fail your first attempt at passing the 70-433 exam, Microsoft's retake policy is:
- If a candidate does not achieve a passing score on an exam the first time, the candidate must wait at least a 24-hour period before retaking the exam.
- If a candidate does not achieve a passing score the second time, the candidate must wait at least a 14-day period before retaking the exam a third time. Click here for more information.
Table of Content
Here's What you will Learn
Lesson 1: Implementing Tables and Views
- Create and alter tables
- Create and alter views
- Create and alter indexes
- Create and modify constraints
- Implement data types
- Implement partitioning solutions
Lesson 2: Implementing Programming Objects
- Create and alter stored procedures
- Create and alter user-defined functions (UDFs)
- Create and alter DML triggers
- Create and alter DDL triggers
- Create and deploy CLR-based objects
- Implement error handling
- Manage transactions
Lesson 3: Working with Query Fundamentals
- Query data by using SELECT statements
- Modify data by using INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE statements
- Return data by using the OUTPUT clause
- Modify data by using MERGE statements
- Implement aggregate queries
- Combine datasets
- Apply built-in scalar functions
Lesson 4: Applying Additional Query Techniques
- Implement subqueries
- Implement CTE (common table expression) queries
- Apply ranking functions
- Control execution plans
- Manage international considerations
Lesson 5: Working with Additional SQL Server Components
- Integrate Database Mail
- Implement full-text search
- Implement scripts by using Windows PowerShell and SQL Server Management Objects (SMOs)
- Implement Service Broker solutions
- Track data changes
Lesson 6: Working with XML Data
- Retrieve relational data as XML
- Transform XML data into relational data
- Query XML data
- Manage XML data
Lesson 7: Gathering Performance Information
- Capture execution plans
- Gather trace information by using the SQL Server Profiler
- Collect output from the Database Engine Tuning Advisor
- Collect information from system metadata