GSLC - Security Leadership
GIAC's GSLC certification is an industry recognized vendor-neutral credential. The certification is proof of a person's competence across a spectrum of skills including managerial or supervisory skills for information security staff. It is basically concerned about the managerial skills of professionals. uCertify’s guaranteed certification course for exam is comprehensive and helps you earn your certification and gain knowledge. Here’s what to expect from your uCertify course:
• 100% Exam Coverage • Interactive E-Book • Pre-Assessment • 588 Practice Questions with Full Explanations • 230 Interactive Quizzes • Test History and Performance Review and Powerful Analytics • Study Planner • Continuously Updated
Prepare for the following certification
The GIAC Security Leadership Certification exam is a standalone certification from GIAC with the exam code GSLC.
The certification is targeted at security management professionals who will understand the fundamental theory of access control and various terminologies. It concernswith different management technologies such as Password management, risk management, network management etc.
- Fundamental theory of access control
- Crypto algorithms
- Terminology and concepts of Risk and Defense-in-Depth.
- Basic honeypot techniques
- Incident handling
This is a self-paced, independent study program, so there are no minimum or maximum restrictions placed by uCertify. The amount of time you will take depends on your existing knowledge of the area and related experience, as well as your availability. We recommend at least 3 weeks if you have a reasonable amount of skills including managerial or supervisory skills for information security staff or work experience.
Authored by Industry Experts
uCertify uses content from the finest publishers and only the IT industry's finest instructors. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields. Unlike a live class, you can study at your own pace. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefits of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
Exercises, Quizzes & Flashcards
uCertify's exercises, quizzes and flashcards prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes, flashcards and exercises after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding. This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course.
Practice Test Sets
uCertify courses also include full length practice test sets designed to test your knowledge under real exam conditions. Each course has a number of test sets consisting of hundreds of items to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
Online labs to supplement your training. uCertify labs are an inexpensive & safe way to explore and learn. uCertify labs are versatile - labs simulate real-world, hardware, software & command line interface environments and can be mapped to any text-book, course & training.
State of the Art Educator Tools
uCertify knows the importance of instructors and provide tools to help them do their job effectively. Instructors are able to clone and customize course, do ability grouping, create sections, design grade scale and grade formula, create and schedule assignments. Educators can also move a student from self-paced to mentor-guided to instructor-led mode in three clicks.
Award Winning Learning Platform (LMS)
uCertify has developed an award winning, highly interactive yet simple to use platform. uCertify understands that it is critical to help student focus on learning the subject and not learning the LMS. uCertify helps student retain and recall the knowledge by teaching students using interactive exercises. Features such as actionable analytics and study planner help in keeping students focused.
- Lesson 1: Security Awareness
- Vulnerability Management - Inside View
- Vulnerability Management - Outside View
- Vulnerability Management - User View
- Endpoint Security
- Access Control and Password Management
- Building a Security Awareness Program
- Business Situational Awareness
- Change Management and Security
- Facilities and Physical Security
- Lesson 2: Security Management
- Manager's Guide to Assessing Network Engineer
- Managing PDA Infrastructure
- Security Frameworks
- Selling Security
- Project Management for Security Leaders
- Risk Management and Auditing
- Managerial Wisdom
- Managing Ethics
- Managing Intellectual Property
- Managing IT Business and Program Growth in a Globalized Marketplace
- Managing Legal Liability
- Managing Negotiations
- Managing Privacy
- Managing Security Policy
- Managing Software Security
- Managing Technical People
- Managing the Mission
- Managing the Procurement Process
- Managing the Total Cost of Ownership
- Lesson 3: Securing Network
- Honeypots, Honeynets, Honeytokens, Tarpits
- The Network Infrastructure
- The Intelligent Network
- Web and Communications Security
- Wireless Advantages and Bluetooth
- Computer and Network Addressing
- Lesson 4: Security Threats and Countermeasures
- Defensive OPSEC
- Disaster Recovery / Contingency Planning
- Incident Handling and the Legal System
- Incident Handling Foundations
- Information Warfare
- IP Terminology and Concepts
- Malicious Software
- Methods of Attack
- Offensive OPSEC
- Security and Organizational Structure
- Lesson 5: Cryptography
- Cryptography Algorithms and Concepts
- Cryptography Applications, VPNs, and IPSec
- Cryptography Fundamentals
- General Types of Cryptosystems
- Network Server Administrator
- Firewall Administrator
- Security Tester
- System Administrator
- Network Risk Assessor
- Risk Assessment professionals, etc
- GIAC challenge certification attempt is $999
- Certification attempts taken in conjunction with the associated SANS training course are $579
- You may purchase a retake exam at the cost of $399 from GIAC's website within 30 days of your listed expiration date.
- Purchasing a retake after an exam failure extends your final certification deadline by 60 days; this includes the 30-day waiting period.
- After 3 failed attempts, a candidate has to wait for one year to get GIAC certification.
A GSLC Certified Professional has several career opportunities open up to them, including:
(on a scale of 0-1000)
In the event that you fail your first attempt at passing the GSLC examination, GIAC's retake policy is:
At a Glance
Overall Customer Rating!
4.6 out of 5 Pass Ratio: 97.23%.
9 out of 10 customers who purchased this course would recommend the product to their friends.
Our Customers are talking!
I was looking for better options and opportunities to promote myself in the IT security field. I had to be technically strong and I decided to take up this exam. I must say that I almost lost all my hopes in clearing gslc exams. It was very difficult for me to pass because only few days were left for the exam therefore I decided to go for study material from someone who is best in the business,i.e., from ucertify. Their prepkit contains variety of sample questions which enabled me pass in my first try.Baalachandran Venkat
This study guide from ucertify made it very easy for me to learn and prepare for gslc exam. The preparatory material concentrates on the practical elements of the GIAC GSLC exam that made a lot of difference in my preparation. Thanks ucertify..Marcelle Lefèvre