GISF - Information Security Fundamentals
The GCIA's GIAC Information Security Fundamentals certification is an industry recognized vendor neutral-credential. The certification is proof of a person's competence across a spectrum of skills includingsecurity issues and make candidate able to handle different issues regarding security, information resources and risk management. uCertify’s guaranteed certification course for GISF exam is comprehensive and helps you earn your certification and gain knowledge. Here’s what to expect from your uCertify course:
• 100% Exam Coverage • Interactive E-Book • Pre-Assessment Test • 275 Practice Questions with Full Explanations • 150 Interactive Quizzes • Test History and Performance Review and Powerful Analytics • Study Planner • Continuously Updated
Prepare for the following certification
The GIAC Information Security Fundamentals certification exam is a standalone certification from GIAC with the exam code GISF.The certification is targeted atthose candidates who want to make their career bright and need an overview of information assurance. Managers, Information Security Officers, and System Administrators who need an overview of risk management and defense in depth techniques are appropriate for GIAC GISF certification.
The exam covers key concepts of information security including, understanding the threats and risks to information and information resources, identifying best practices that can be used to protect them, and learning to diversify our protection strategy. It will help them to bridge the gap that often exists between managers and system administrators.
GISF Course Duration
This is a self-paced, independent study program, so there is no minimum or maximum restriction. The amount of time you will take depends on your existing knowledge of the area and related experience, as well as your availability. We recommend at least 3-4 weeks if you have have a good knowledge of IT security. You should plan on devoting 2-3 hours every day.
Authored by Industry Experts
uCertify uses content from the finest publishers and only the IT industry's finest instructors. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields. Unlike a live class, you can study at your own pace. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefits of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
Exercises, Quizzes & Flashcards
uCertify's exercises, quizzes and flashcards prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes, flashcards and exercises after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding. This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course.
Practice Test Sets
uCertify courses also include full length practice test sets designed to test your knowledge under real exam conditions. Each course has a number of test sets consisting of hundreds of items to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
Online labs to supplement your training. uCertify labs are an inexpensive & safe way to explore and learn. uCertify labs are versatile - labs simulate real-world, hardware, software & command line interface environments and can be mapped to any text-book, course & training.
State of the Art Educator Tools
uCertify knows the importance of instructors and provide tools to help them do their job effectively. Instructors are able to clone and customize course, do ability grouping, create sections, design grade scale and grade formula, create and schedule assignments. Educators can also move a student from self-paced to mentor-guided to instructor-led mode in three clicks.
Award Winning Learning Platform (LMS)
uCertify has developed an award winning, highly interactive yet simple to use platform. uCertify understands that it is critical to help student focus on learning the subject and not learning the LMS. uCertify helps student retain and recall the knowledge by teaching students using interactive exercises. Features such as actionable analytics and study planner help in keeping students focused.
GISF Course/Exam Objectives
- Chapter 1: Security fundamentals
- Applying OODA Loops.
- Different types of attack scenarios and methodologies and the countermeasures?
- Attacks and Countermeasures - Exploiting people and software.
- Chapter 2: Cryptography
- Understand the Cryptographic Algorithms.
- Understand the Cryptosystems.
- Chapter 3: Applying Security
- Fundamentals of Hashing & Digital Signatures.
- Implementing & Assessing Security Policy.
- Implementing Security Principles.
- Building a Security Policy.
- Information Assurance Pillars and Enablers
- Chapter 4: Network Security
- Introduction to Network Communications.
- Introduction to Security Policy.
- Networking 101.
- OSI Network Layer.
- OSI Transport Layer
- Wireless Technology Overview.
- Chapter 5: Information Security Management
- Overview of Security Principles
- Personnel Screening & Terms of Employment.
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
- Real World Perimeter Policy Assessment.
- Risk & Vulnerability Management.
- Security as a Process (Access Control & Hardening).
- Security as a Process (prevention phase) - Auditing, Physical Security, Detection & Response.
- Security as a Process (prevention phase) - The Operational Environment.
- Security as a Process - Incident Detection & Response Phases.
- Security Awareness
- Security in the Enterprise.
- Security Perspectives
- Security Process & Risk Analysis
- Understanding Security Concepts.
- Information Assurance Challenges
- Information Assurance Pillars and Enablers
- Chapter 6: Defense in Depth
- Defense In Depth (Applications)
- Defense In Depth (Border)
- Defense In Depth (Computers)
- Defense In Depth (DMZ)
- Defense In Depth (Firewalls)
- Defense In Depth (IDS)
- Defense In Depth (Incident Handling)
- Defense In Depth (Making the Most of Your Opportunities with Others).
- Defense In Depth (Measuring Progress)
- Defense In Depth (Site Network)
A GISF certified professional has certified professional has career opportunities open up to them, including:
- Information Security Officer
- IT Professional
At a Glance
|GISF Course Includes||Free||Buy|
|Total Questions (inc. quizzes)||30||275|
Overall Customer Rating!
4.6 out of 5 Pass Ratio: 97.23%.
9 out of 10 customers who purchased this course would recommend the product to their friends.
Our Customers are talking!
Your study material is excellent. I would like to thank you for providing us the best. I have passed my exam just because of your study material. Keep it up.Nevil Simpson
Yesterday i passed my gisf exam with a good score. I am planing to buy the study guide for my next exam. Thanks ucertify.Ruth