uCertify’s guaranteed certification course for XK0-003 exam is comprehensive and helps you earn your certification and gain knowledge. Here’s what to expect from your uCertify course:
• 100% Exam Coverage • Interactive E-Book • Pre-Assessment Test • 0 Practice Questions with Full Explanations • 28 Interactive Quizzes • Test History and Performance Review and Powerful Analytics • Study Planner • Continuously Updated
Authored by Industry Experts
uCertify uses content from the finest publishers and only the IT industry's finest instructors. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields. Unlike a live class, you can study at your own pace. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefits of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
Exercises, Quizzes & Flashcards
uCertify's exercises, quizzes and flashcards prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes, flashcards and exercises after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding. This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course.
Practice Test Sets
uCertify courses also include full length practice test sets designed to test your knowledge under real exam conditions. Each course has a number of test sets consisting of hundreds of items to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
Online labs to supplement your training. uCertify labs are an inexpensive & safe way to explore and learn. uCertify labs are versatile - labs simulate real-world, hardware, software & command line interface environments and can be mapped to any text-book, course & training.
State of the Art Educator Tools
uCertify knows the importance of instructors and provide tools to help them do their job effectively. Instructors are able to clone and customize course, do ability grouping, create sections, design grade scale and grade formula, create and schedule assignments. Educators can also move a student from self-paced to mentor-guided to instructor-led mode in three clicks.
Award Winning Learning Platform (LMS)
uCertify has developed an award winning, highly interactive yet simple to use platform. uCertify understands that it is critical to help student focus on learning the subject and not learning the LMS. uCertify helps student retain and recall the knowledge by teaching students using interactive exercises. Features such as actionable analytics and study planner help in keeping students focused.
XK0-003 Course/Exam Objectives
- Chapter 1: Installation and Configuration
- Compare and contrast installation sources. Objec...a (CD-ROM, DVD), Network types (HTTP, FTP, NFS).
- Implement partitioning schemes and filesystem la...ective includes: LVM, RAID, fdisk, parted, mkfs.
- Explain the purpose for using each of the follow...FS, VFAT, ISO9660), Network (NFS, SMBFS / CIFS).
- Conduct routine mount and unmount of filesystems. Objective includes: mount, umount, /etc/fstab.
- Explain the advantages of having a separate part...rectories- /boot, /home, /tmp, /usr, /var, /opt.
- Explain the purpose of the following directories...cal, /usr/lib, /usr/lib64, /usr/share, /var/log.
- Configure the boot process including the followi....conf, /boot/grub/menu.lst, grub-install, grub).
- Perform the following package management functio...olve dependencies, Add and remove repositories).
- Configure profile and environment variables syst..., PS2, PATH, EDITOR, TERM, PAGER, HOME, PRINTER.
- Troubleshoot boot issues using the following too...r), Rescue - live CDs, DVDs and USB keys, dmesg.
- Manage devices using the following tools. Object...odprobe.conf, Hardware Compatibility List (HCL).
- Chapter 2: System Maintenance and Operations
- Given a scenario, use the following fundamental ...uname, common sysctl settings, /etc/sysctl.conf.
- Conduct basic tasks using BASH. Objective includ...ript), Shell features (history, tab completion).
- Given a scenario, analyze system and application...nterpreting log files (grep, tail -f, awk, sed).
- Conduct and manage backup and restore operations..., dd), Write to removable media (CD-RW, DVD-RW).
- Explain the following features and concepts of X...le (xorg.conf), Terminal emulators (xterm, etc).
- Explain the difference in runlevels and their pu...figurable, 5 - X11 multi-user mode, 6 - reboot).
- Manage filesystems
- Implement task scheduling using the following to...b command syntax, crontab file format, at (atq).
- Utilize performance monitoring tools and concept...sar, iostat, vmstat, uptime, top), Load average.
- Chapter 3: Application and Services
- Manage Linux system services. Objective includes...start, stop, restart), inetd, xinetd, chkconfig.
- Implement interoperability with Windows. Objecti...mhosts), Security and authentication (Kerberos).
- Implement, configure and maintain Web and FTP se.../ftpusers, chroot), Configure anonymous access).
- Given a scenario, explain the purpose of the fol...ices. Objective includes: Tomcat, Apache, Squid.
- Troubleshoot web-related services using the foll...ve includes: Commands (curl, wget, ftp, telnet).
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common FTP proble... includes: Active vs. passive, ASCII vs. binary.
- Given a scenario, perform the MySQL administrati...ile, Starting and stopping, Test the connection.
- Explain the purpose of the given mail services, ...mail), Email aliases (/etc/aliases, newaliases).
- Deploy and manage CUPS print services. Objective...rinting commands (lpr, lp, lpq, lpstat, cancel).
- Set up, install, configure and maintain a BIND D...amed), Forward zones, reverse zones, root hints.
- Perform basic administration of the DHCP server. Objective includes: /etc/dhcpd.conf, dhcpd.leases.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot NTP related issue...includes: /etc/ntp.conf, ntpdate, date, ntpq -p.
- Chapter 4: Networking
- Identify common networking ports and the associa... 80, 110, 23, 14, 443, 631, 3306, /etc/services.
- Execute network interface configuration. Objecti...oute, ifup, ifdown, network configuration files.
- Implement configurations and/or configuration ch...tc/hosts, /etc/nsswitch.conf, /etc/resolv.conf).
- Explain the different DNS record types and the p..., Root name servers, A, MX, PTR, CNAME, NS, TXT.
- Troubleshoot basic connectivity issues using the...- netstat, ping, traceroute, arp, telnet, route.
- Troubleshoot name resolution issues using the following tools- dig, host, nslookup, hostname.
- Chapter 5: Security
- Manage and monitor user and group accounts using...etc/skel, /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow, /etc/group).
- Given a scenario, select the appropriate file pe...pecial permissions (setuid, setgid, sticky bit).
- Explain the basics of SELinux. Objective includes: Running modes (Enabled, Disabled, Permissive).
- Given a scenario, implement privilege escalation using the following- sudo, su.
At a Glance
|XK0-003 Course Includes||Free||Buy|
|Total Questions (inc. quizzes)||5||0|
Overall Customer Rating!
4.6 out of 5 Pass Ratio: 97.23%.
9 out of 10 customers who purchased this course would recommend the product to their friends.
Our Customers are talking!
EXCELLENT. This is a must have for study of Linux 2010. Especially you will appreciate the street smart instructional guides.Barrand Wilkusova
I have no complaints for this product. This is the information that will help anybody pass the Linux 2010 Exam, with extra needed information for a rounded competence in this area. You get your money's worth of detail and information.Brandy Jecus