XK0-003 - Linu+ 2010
uCertify uses content from well known publishers, instructors, and subject matter experts. They have a minimum of 15 years of experience in their fields. uCertify brings these textbooks to life. It is full of interactive activities that keeps the learner engaged. uCertify brings all available learning resources for a topic in one place so that the learner can efficiently learn without going to multiple places. Challenge questions are also embedded in the chapters so learners can attempt those while they are learning about that particular topic. This helps them grasp the concepts better because they can go over it again right away which improves learning. Learners can do Flashcards, Exercises, Quizzes and Labs related to each chapter. At the end of every lesson, uCertify courses guide the learners on the path they should follow.
uCertify platform supports 50+ different types of interactive activities, connect the idea, or try it yourself lab activities embedded throughout its course. These interactive activities keeps learners engaged and makes learning fun.
Here's What You Get
Each lesson comes with Exercises, Flashcards & Quizzes. There is no limit to the number of times learners can attempt these. Exercises come with detailed remediation, which ensures that learners are confident on the topic before proceeding. Flashcards help master the key concepts while Glossary defines the key terms.
Here's What you will Learn
- Compare and contrast installation sources. Objec...a (CD-ROM, DVD), Network types (HTTP, FTP, NFS).
- Implement partitioning schemes and filesystem la...ective includes: LVM, RAID, fdisk, parted, mkfs.
- Explain the purpose for using each of the follow...FS, VFAT, ISO9660), Network (NFS, SMBFS / CIFS).
- Conduct routine mount and unmount of filesystems. Objective includes: mount, umount, /etc/fstab.
- Explain the advantages of having a separate part...rectories- /boot, /home, /tmp, /usr, /var, /opt.
- Explain the purpose of the following directories...cal, /usr/lib, /usr/lib64, /usr/share, /var/log.
- Configure the boot process including the followi....conf, /boot/grub/menu.lst, grub-install, grub).
- Perform the following package management functio...olve dependencies, Add and remove repositories).
- Configure profile and environment variables syst..., PS2, PATH, EDITOR, TERM, PAGER, HOME, PRINTER.
- Troubleshoot boot issues using the following too...r), Rescue - live CDs, DVDs and USB keys, dmesg.
- Manage devices using the following tools. Object...odprobe.conf, Hardware Compatibility List (HCL).
- Given a scenario, use the following fundamental ...uname, common sysctl settings, /etc/sysctl.conf.
- Conduct basic tasks using BASH. Objective includ...ript), Shell features (history, tab completion).
- Given a scenario, analyze system and application...nterpreting log files (grep, tail -f, awk, sed).
- Conduct and manage backup and restore operations..., dd), Write to removable media (CD-RW, DVD-RW).
- Explain the following features and concepts of X...le (xorg.conf), Terminal emulators (xterm, etc).
- Explain the difference in runlevels and their pu...figurable, 5 - X11 multi-user mode, 6 - reboot).
- Manage filesystems
- Implement task scheduling using the following to...b command syntax, crontab file format, at (atq).
- Utilize performance monitoring tools and concept...sar, iostat, vmstat, uptime, top), Load average.
- Manage Linux system services. Objective includes...start, stop, restart), inetd, xinetd, chkconfig.
- Implement interoperability with Windows. Objecti...mhosts), Security and authentication (Kerberos).
- Implement, configure and maintain Web and FTP se.../ftpusers, chroot), Configure anonymous access).
- Given a scenario, explain the purpose of the fol...ices. Objective includes: Tomcat, Apache, Squid.
- Troubleshoot web-related services using the foll...ve includes: Commands (curl, wget, ftp, telnet).
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common FTP proble... includes: Active vs. passive, ASCII vs. binary.
- Given a scenario, perform the MySQL administrati...ile, Starting and stopping, Test the connection.
- Explain the purpose of the given mail services, ...mail), Email aliases (/etc/aliases, newaliases).
- Deploy and manage CUPS print services. Objective...rinting commands (lpr, lp, lpq, lpstat, cancel).
- Set up, install, configure and maintain a BIND D...amed), Forward zones, reverse zones, root hints.
- Perform basic administration of the DHCP server. Objective includes: /etc/dhcpd.conf, dhcpd.leases.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot NTP related issue...includes: /etc/ntp.conf, ntpdate, date, ntpq -p.
- Identify common networking ports and the associa... 80, 110, 23, 14, 443, 631, 3306, /etc/services.
- Execute network interface configuration. Objecti...oute, ifup, ifdown, network configuration files.
- Implement configurations and/or configuration ch...tc/hosts, /etc/nsswitch.conf, /etc/resolv.conf).
- Explain the different DNS record types and the p..., Root name servers, A, MX, PTR, CNAME, NS, TXT.
- Troubleshoot basic connectivity issues using the...- netstat, ping, traceroute, arp, telnet, route.
- Troubleshoot name resolution issues using the following tools- dig, host, nslookup, hostname.
- Manage and monitor user and group accounts using...etc/skel, /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow, /etc/group).
- Given a scenario, select the appropriate file pe...pecial permissions (setuid, setgid, sticky bit).
- Explain the basics of SELinux. Objective includes: Running modes (Enabled, Disabled, Permissive).
- Given a scenario, implement privilege escalation using the following- sudo, su.
Test Prep & Practice Questions
uCertify provides full length practice tests. These tests closely follow the exam objectives and are designed to simulate real exam conditions. Each course has a number of test sets consisting of hundreds of items to ensure that learners are prepared for the certification exam.
Here's What You Get
Each question comes with detailed remediation explaining not only why an answer option is correct but also why the incorrect answer options are incorrect.
Each test can be taken unlimited number of times until the learner feels they are prepared. Learner can review the test and read detailed remediation. Detailed test history is also available.
Each test set comes with learn, test and review modes. In learn mode, learners will attempt a question and will get immediate feedback and complete remediation as they move on to the next question. In test mode, learners can take a timed test simulating the actual exam conditions. In review mode, learners can read through one item at a time without attempting it.