9A0-150 - Photoshop CS5
Retired. This product is no longer available.
uCertify uses content from well known publishers, instructors, and subject matter experts. They have a minimum of 15 years of experience in their fields. uCertify brings these textbooks to life. It is full of interactive activities that keeps the learner engaged. uCertify brings all available learning resources for a topic in one place so that the learner can efficiently learn without going to multiple places. Challenge questions are also embedded in the chapters so learners can attempt those while they are learning about that particular topic. This helps them grasp the concepts better because they can go over it again right away which improves learning. Learners can do Flashcards, Exercises, Quizzes and Labs related to each chapter. At the end of every lesson, uCertify courses guide the learners on the path they should follow.
uCertify platform supports 50+ different types of interactive activities, connect the idea, or try it yourself lab activities embedded throughout its course. These interactive activities keeps learners engaged and makes learning fun.
Here's What You Get
Each lesson comes with Exercises, Flashcards & Quizzes. There is no limit to the number of times learners can attempt these. Exercises come with detailed remediation, which ensures that learners are confident on the topic before proceeding. Flashcards help master the key concepts while Glossary defines the key terms.
Here's What you will Learn
Lesson 1: Working with selections
- Given a scenario, create a selection using an appropriate tool or method
- Save and load selections
- Move and transform selections
- Given a scenario, use Refine Edge controls to ca...ges (options include decontaminating edge color)
Lesson 2: Working with Layers
- Create and manage layers in the Layers panel (in...ocking, clipping, grouping, and deleting layers)
- Given a scenario, use layer Blend modes to achieve a desired effect
- Given a scenario, use Opacity and Fill controls ...ability to vary Opacity/Fill of multiple layers)
- Given a scenario, successfully work with Smart O...ing and editing vector objects as Smart Objects)
- Given a scenario, combine images to make a colla... layers, Paste in Place and Paste Into commands)
- Apply, customize, and set default values for Layer Styles
- Use Layer Comps to save different designs within a single image
Lesson 3: Using Masks and Channels
- Using the Masks panel, painting on a mask, and converting a selection to a mask
- Explain the benefits of using layer masks and vector masks
- Explain the differences between color channels and alpha channels
- Describe how to create a spot color channel suitable for prepress
Lesson 4: Working with Type and Vector tools
- Create and edit type layers
- Describe the difference between pixel-based and vector-based images
- Create graphic shapes using the Shape tools
- Use the Pen tools to create or edit a vector path
- Understand how to manage one or more paths in the Paths panel
Lesson 5: Adjusting and processing photographs
- Given a scenario, correct the color and tone in ...ss/Contrast, Shadows/Highlights, and Auto Color)
- Explain the advantages of using Adjustment layers
- Use the Adjustments panel to create and manage one or more adjustment layers
- Successfully perform on-image adjustments with C...aturation, and Black and White adjustment layers
- Convert a color image to black and white with the most control
- Create a panorama from multiple photographs
- Enhance the dynamic range of an image with Merge to HDR Pro
- Correct lens-related errors with the Lens Correc...hromatic aberration, distortion, and vignetting)
Lesson 6: Retouching and Manipulating images
- Given a scenario, use the appropriate retouching...ch tool, Clone tool, and the Clone Source panel)
- Given a scenario, correctly use Puppet Warp to d...objects, and correcting photographic distortion)
Lesson 7: Working in Adobe Camera Raw 6
- Explain the purpose of the primary Camera Raw adjustment settings
- Given a scenario, successfully apply a local cor...sh, Gradient filter, and the Spot Removal brush)
- Use Camera Raw controls to reduce luminance noise and color noise
- Explain the Camera Raw to Photoshop workflow
- Given an option, open and manipulate a JPEG or TIFF in Camera Raw
- Describe the Camera Raw to JPEG workflow
Lesson 8: Painting and filtering an image
- Given a scenario, use the Mixer Brush and its options properly
- Given a scenario, adjust Bristle Tip brush settings appropriately
- Given a scenario, choose and use the proper meth...atches panel, Color panel, and the Color Picker)
- Understand how and why to use Smart Filters
- Create and use gradients and patterns
Lesson 9: Working in Photoshop
- Use Mini-Bridge to view, manage, and open images inside Photoshop
- Describe how to arrange panels and manage worksp...custom workspaces, using the workspace switcher)
- Work with tabbed documents and controls in the A...s, canvas rotation, Application Frame, and n-up)
- Given a scenario, choose an appropriate method t...w (options include the new scrubby zoom feature)
- Given a scenario, create a new file (options include size, color mode, and resolution)
- Given a scenario, properly resize an image (opti...orm options, Crop tool, and Content Aware Scale)
- Given a scenario, know how to crop and straighte...other metadata to images in Photoshop and Bridge
- Understand common file formats and the pros and ... Mac, and understand the advantages of each mode
- Understand the process of color management in Ph...lor management settings in the Print dialog box)
Lesson 10: Outputting for Print and Web
- Given a scenario, configure settings in the Print dialog box for output
- Given a scenario, soft proof an image in Photoshop
- Create a Web Gallery using Adobe Bridge
- Optimize photographs and graphics for the web using Save for Web and Devices window
- Correctly slice a web layout into multiple files using layer-based slicing and the Slice tools
Test Prep & Practice Questions
uCertify provides full length practice tests. These tests closely follow the exam objectives and are designed to simulate real exam conditions. Each course has a number of test sets consisting of hundreds of items to ensure that learners are prepared for the certification exam.
Here's What You Get
Each question comes with detailed remediation explaining not only why an answer option is correct but also why the incorrect answer options are incorrect.
Each test can be taken unlimited number of times until the learner feels they are prepared. Learner can review the test and read detailed remediation. Detailed test history is also available.
Each test set comes with learn, test and review modes. In learn mode, learners will attempt a question and will get immediate feedback and complete remediation as they move on to the next question. In test mode, learners can take a timed test simulating the actual exam conditions. In review mode, learners can read through one item at a time without attempting it.
The Photoshop CS5 certification exam is a standalone certification from Adobe with the exam code 9A0-150. The certification is targeted at professionals involved graphics editing program and Adobe Photoshop CS5 is the 12th major release of Adobe Photoshop. The Photoshop CS5 test is right for those candidates who want to enhance their technical abilities and demonstrational proficiency in Adobe Photoshop CS5 software.
A Photoshop CS5 certified professional has several career opportunities open up to them, including:
- Fashion Photographer
- Graphics designer
- Web publisher
The net price for taking Adobe Certified Expert Adobe Photoshop CS5 certification test is US$180. Net price does not include applicable taxes, vouchers, promotions or membership discounts you may have.
(on a scale of 0-1000)
In the event that you fail your first attempt at passing the Photoshop CS5 certification, Adobe's retake policy is:
- If a Candidate fails their first attempt to pass any Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certification exam, there is no waiting period for retaking the failed exam a second time.
- If a Candidate does not pass the exam the second time, the candidate must wait for a period of at least five calendar days from the date of their last attempt to retake the exam a third or any subsequent time.
- All original vouchers must be used prior to their expiration dates, without exception.
- Retake vouchers must be used within 30 days of the initial failed exam. If a retake was purchased, the retake voucher is sent by email after a failed exam.
- Test results found to be in violation of this retake policy will result in the candidate not being awarded the attempted credential, regardless of score.