: There are no mandatory pre-requisites for this exam, although it is strongly recommended that a candidate have at least 500 hours of IT technical experience in a healthcare organization, or a A+ Certified Professional (A Plus)
Benefits of the CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician certification
- A certification is an industry recognized credential that tells employers that you have the skills necessary to perform the job. Surveys indicate that those with a certification are more likely to receive higher salaries and more career opportunities than those without a certification.
- Earning CompTIA s HIT-001 certificate shows healthcare employers that you have the necessary knowledge of HIPAA to implement IT solutions that protect the integrity, confidentiality and security of sensitive patient data. Healthcare organizations that have a security breach because their supporting IT systems that are not compliant face severe penalties and consequences.
- This certification provides employers a standard measurement of a technician s knowledge of best practices for computer hardware and software systems as they apply to the healthcare industry today. It gives them a higher level of confidence towards HIPAA compliance, brings a standardized measurement of competency acros the organization, helps lower training costs and typically results in higher customer satisfaction levels because of the high skill level and professionalism of those with an HIT certification.
- Full coverage of exam objectives including
- Interactive eBook and/or Chapter by chapter study guide
- Hundreds of practice questions that follow the exam pattern, modeled on real world scenarios
- Detailed answer explanations for both correct and incorrect answer
- Study notes, Interactive Quizzes, Flash Cards, How-tos and more
- Test History and Progress reports to help you stay focused