Prepare for the following certifications
The exam 70-536-VB is applicable to both Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 and Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 certification tracks. Previously, it is named as TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Application Development Foundation but now its name has got changed. If a candidate is a .NET 3.5 developer, he do not need to review .NET 2.0 to pass the exam.
The exam covers the different features in .Net framework regarding the development, configuration, management, installation of various applications in the given framework.
- Applications Development
- Implementation of services in a .NET Framework application
- Embedded different features into a .NET Framework application
- Implementation of serialization and input/output functionality
- Improvement in the security of the .NET Framework applications
- Implementation of interoperability, reflection, and mailing functionality in a .NET
- Implementation of text handling capability in a .NET Framework application.
70-536-VB Course Duration
This is a self-paced, independent study program, so there are no minimum or maximum restrictions placed by uCertify. The amount of time you will take depends on your existing knowledge of the area and related experience, as well as your availability. We recommend at least 3 weeks and you should have working knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 or Visual Studio 2008 and at least 6 months experience in this field.
70-536-VB Course/Exam Objectives
- Chapter 1: Developing applications that use system types and collections
- Manage data in a .NET Framework application by u...ForwardedToAttribute classes Boxing and UnBoxing
- Manage a group of associated data in a .NET Fram...Base, DictionaryBase and DictionaryEntry classes
- Improve type safety and application performance ...ass, and generic LinkedList.Enumerator structure
- Manage data in a .NET Framework application by u...l BitVector32 and BitVector32.Section structures
- Implement .NET Framework interfaces to cause com...oneable, IEquatable, and IFormattable interfaces
- Control interactions between .NET Framework appl...ass, EventArgs class, and EventHandler delegates
- Chapter 2: Implementing service processes, threading, and application domains in a .NET Framework application
- Implement, install, and control a service. (Refe...on structure and SessionChangeReason enumeration
- Develop multithreaded .NET Framework application...cture, and Monitor, Mutex, and Semaphore classes
- Create a unit of isolation for common language r...ain. Load assemblies into an application domain.
- Chapter 3: Embedding configuration, diagnostic, management, and installation features into a .NET Framework app
- Embed configuration management functionality int...ider interfaces ConfigurationValidatorBase class
- Create a custom Microsoft Windows Installer for ...ter remote objects by using configuration files.
- Manage an event log by using the System.Diagnost... read from an event log. Create a new event log.
- Manage system processes and monitor the performa...ine arguments. StackTrace and StackFrame classes
- Debug and trace a .NET Framework application by ...ventlogTraceListener classes Debugger attributes
- Embed management information and events into a ....vents by using the ManagementEventWatcher class.
- Chapter 4: Implementing serialization and input/output functionality in a .NET Framework application
- Serialize or deserialize an object or an object ...atterServices classes StreamingContext structure
- Control the serialization of an object into XML ...vided by the System.Xml.Serialization namespace.
- Implement custom serialization formatting by usi...ntime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary namespace)
- Access files and folders by using the File Syste...ventArgs class, and RenamedEventHandler delegate
- Manage byte streams by using Stream classes. (Re...ss, MemoryStream class, and BufferedStream class
- Manage the .NET Framework application data by us...r classes, BinaryReader and BinaryWriter classes
- Compress or decompress stream information in a ....ileStream, DeflateStream, and GZipStream classes
- Chapter 5: Improving the security of the .NET Framework applications by using the .NET Framework 2.0 security f
- Implement code access security to improve the se...ionSet classes, and Standard Security interfaces
- Implement access control by using the System.Sec... CompoundAce, GenericAce, and GenericAcl classes
- Implement a custom authentication scheme by usin...(Refer System.Security.Authentication namespace)
- Encrypt, decrypt, and hash data by using the Sys...es Hash-based Message Authentication Code (HMAC)
- Control permissions for resources by using the S...tyPermission, and ZoneIdentityPermission classes
- Control code privileges by using System.Security...ition, and IIdentityPermissionFactory interfaces
- Access and modify identity information by using ...ference, and IdentityReferenceCollection classes
- Chapter 6: Implementing interoperability, reflection, and mailing functionality in a .NET Framework application
- Expose COM components to the .NET Framework and ...sembly and deploy an application for COM access.
- Call unmanaged DLL functions in a .NET Framework...terop MarshalAsAttribute class and Marshal class
- Implement reflection functionality in a .NET Fra...Base and MethodBody classes, and Builder classes
- Send e-mail to a Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (...ternateView, and AlternateViewCollection classes
- Chapter 7: Implementing globalization, drawing, and text manipulation functionality in a .NET Framework applica
- Format data based on culture information. (Refer...ss based on existing culture and region classes.
- Enhance the user interface of a .NET Framework a...Framework application by using shapes and sizes.
- Enhance the text handling capabilities of a .NET...asses. Capture class and CaptureCollection class
An application developer has several career opportunities open up to them, including:
- Web Applications Developer
- Windows Applications Developer
- Enterprise Applications Developer
70-536-VB Exam FAQ's
What certificate do I earn on passing the vendor certificationS?
If you pass Microsoft's 70-536-VB exam you will get credit towards the following certificationS:
Where do I take the exam?
The Microsoft 70-536-VB exam is administered by Prometric at testing centers worldwide. Click here
to find a testing center near you.
How many questions are asked on the exam?
The exam contains 55 questions.
What is the duration of the exam?
What is the exam's retake policy?
In the event that you fail your first attempt at passing 70-536-VB exam, Microsoft's retake policy is:
- Retake vouchers can only be used to retake the same exam that was failed.
- All vouchers must be used prior to their expiration dates, without exception.
- Retake vouchers must be used within 30 days of the initial failed exam.
- There is no waiting period for retaking a failed MCTS exam.
What is the validity of the certification?
This exam is scheduled to retire July 31, 2013.
Where can I find more information on this exam?
|70-536-VB Course Includes
|Total Questions (inc. quizzes)