The 9A0-088 exam measures your knowledge and expertise on Adobe Illustrator CS4 software. Before taking the 9A0-088 exam, you should practice the following:
- Create and modify Illustrator documents.
- Create and transform objects.
- Manage colors and transparency.
- Use type.
- Control effects, appearances, and graphic styles.
- Build graphic objects.
- Create and modify images.
- Prepare for Web and Flash.
- Prepare for print.
The Adobe Photoshop CS4 ACE exam measures your knowledge and expertise on Adobe Photoshop CS4. Before taking the 9A0-094 exam, you should practice the following:
- Customize the user interface.
- Create a tool preset.
- Create and arrange multiple layers or groups in an image.
- Retouch and modify an image using different tools available in the toolbox.
- Create and modify shape layers and paths using pen tools and shape tools.
- Create different effects using Blending modes to the layers.
- Create different effects using layer styles.
- Create different effects using Gradients.
The Microsoft test 70-502 measures an individual’s ability to develop and implement Windows-based applications based on the Windows Presentation Foundation technology by using Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5. The individual must have a sound knowledge of Visual Studio 2008. Before taking the 70-502 test, you should practice the following:
- Select an application type and manage its responsiveness.
- Configure event handling, commands, page-based navigation, and application settings.
- Select and configure content controls, item controls, and layout panels.
- Integrate Windows Forms controls into a WPF application.
- Create user and custom controls.
- Create and display two-dimensional and three-dimensional graphics.
- Create and manipulate documents.
The Microsoft test 70-503 measures an individual’s ability to develop distributed applications by using technologies such as XML Web services, .NET remoting, and Windows enterprise services. The individual must have a sound knowledge of Visual Studio 2008 and Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 to build distributed applications. Before taking the 70-503 test, you should practice the following:
- Define Service, Data, Operation, and Message contracts.
- Process generic messages.
- Create and configure service endpoints.
- Manage consistency between life cycle, sessions, concurrency, and binds.
- Host a service in a managed application.
- Host a service on a Web server.
- Create custom behaviors.
The CISSP test is designed to certify users who have a minimum of five years of professional experience in information security. The CISSP test covers implementing security policy, identifying security threats, and developing countermeasures using firewall systems and attack-recognition technologies. Before taking the CISSP test, you should practice the following:
- Implement network perimeter security and elements of an effective security policy.
- Implement encryption, including the three main encryption methods used in internetworking.
- Implement public key infrastructure and hashing function.
- Implement firewalls on the network.
- Understand firewall system planning, including levels of protection.
- Use tools to evaluate key security parameters, including techniques for security accounts.
- Implement system patches and fixes, including application of system patches.
- Audit security and assess network risk factor.
The CX310-090(Sun Certified Business Component Developer for the Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition 1.3) test checks your ability to understand, test, and develop basic EJB codes. It requires you to have a good understanding of enterprise Java beans 2.0, and the ability to write code for well-defined design applications. The test asks all sorts of tricky questions, which you might not encounter in the real world. Practicing the following things with the subject will make you confident enough of scoring well in the test:
- Identify characteristics, programming restrictions, and benefits of EJB 2.0. Understand the responsibilities of the EJB container and those of a bean provider.
- Identify the methods that are exposed and that are hidden from a client through interfaces using the client view in case of session bean and entity bean home and remote interfaces.
- Understand the differences between stateless session beans, stateful session beans, entity beans, and message-driven beans for EJB 2.0.
- Identify methods that are present in local home interface, local component interface, remote home, and remote component interface. Some methods may be present in more than one interface.
- Understand the life cycles of session, entity, and message-driven beans.
- Identify correctly-implemented deployment descriptor elements for an enterprise Java bean.
The Sun Certified Mobile Application Developer for the Java 2 Platform, Micro Edition, Version 1.0 certification exam is meant for software developers who are developing mobile applications by using the Java 2 Platform, Micro Edition (J2ME) technology.
The devices include cellular phones, PDAs, set top boxes, etc. Before taking the test, an individual must practice in the following areas:
- Understand JTWI specifications.
- Understand J2ME configuration and profiles.
- Understand various wireless messaging APIs.
- Understand different types of messages.
- Understand the limitations of the Java Virtual Machine for CLDC.
- Understand the limitations of mobile devices in terms of memory, processing speed, screen size, etc.
- Develop MIDlets using different user interfaces.
The CX310-083 (Sun Certified Web Component Developer for the Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition 1.5) test checks your ability to use the basic syntax and structure of the Servlet and JSP pages. This test requires you to have a good understanding of Java, Servlets, and JSP pages, and the ability to write code for well-defined design applications. For this purpose, along with studying books and taking various practice tests, you should also practice with Servlets and JSP code. This will let you learn a lot of things that are of great importance from the test point of view. The test asks all sorts of tricky questions that you might not consider in the real world. Practicing the following things with the subject will make you confident enough of scoring well in the test:
- Use the HTTP and HttpServlet methods and use sequence of the Servlet life cycle.
Write code using the HttpServletRequest and HttpServletResponse interfaces.
- Describe the purpose and semantics of the deployment descriptor and construct the correct structure of the deployment descriptor and a WAR file.
The LPI 117-202 exam is designed to test in-depth knowledge of an examinee on networking configuration, Web services, network client management, etc. Before taking the L117-202 exam, you should practice the following:
- Manage mail traffic.
- Implement a Web server.
- Configure Samba Server.
- Configure NFS Server.
- Maintain a Web server.
- Implement a proxy server.
- Configure DHCP, NIS, LDAP, and PAM.
The L117-201 exam is designed to test your basic knowledge on the Linux kernel, system startup, filesystem, hardware configuration, system maintenance, DNS server configuration, network client management, etc. Before taking the L117-201 exam, you should practice the following:
- Compile, patch, and customize the Linux kernel.
- Customize system startup and boot processes.
- Perform system recovery.