The CX310-055 (Sun Certified Programmer for the Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition 5.0) checks your real ability as a programmer. In fact it is totally scenario based, rather than knowledge based. This test requires you to have a good understanding of the Java language and the capability to write code for well-defined design applications. For this purpose, along with studying books and taking various practice tests, you should also practice with Java. There will be less number of direct questions, and more questions will be ‘find the output’ type. Besides, Drag-n-Drop questions have been added. A good number of questions will be based on new topics added to the language, i.e., on generics, autoboxing/unboxing, covariant return, variable length arguments, static import, enums and for-each loop. Although, not many direct questions will be there in the test, but practicing them will help clear your fundamentals. Practicing the following things with Java will make you confident enough to score well in the test:
- Write code that declares, constructs, and initializes arrays of any base type using any of the permitted forms both for declaration and for initialization.
- Write code using if and switch statements.
Q. What are the prerequisites for the SCJP 1.5 exam?
A. There is no prerequisite for the SCJP 1.5 exam. However, you must be well experienced with the language before you take the exam. Even if you are new to the Java field, you can still pass the exam with self-study. This will require a lot of dedication and practice, especially with code and newly added Java 1.5 features.
Q. I am new to Java. How should I start preparing for the exam?
A. To start preparing for the exam, you need to download the development kit (JDK 1.5) from Sun’s official website . You can find the documentation from the website. Passing the exam needs a lot of practice.
The Microsoft test 70-272 measures an individual’s ability to support users, and troubleshoot desktop applications on a Microsoft Windows XP operating system in any network environment. Exam 70-272 makes a basic assumption that you already have a strong background of experience with the Windows XP Professional, Office XP, and Windows Server 2003 and/or Windows 2000 Server products and their applicable terminology. Before taking the 70-272 test, you should practice the following:
- Install Windows XP Professional on a computer.
- Test and configure various TCP/IP configurations by using several command line utilities, and troubleshoot TCP/IP using PING, TRACERT, and PATHPING command.
- Configure Internet Connection Firewall (ICF) component.
The Microsoft test 70-271 measures an individual’s ability to support users and troubleshoot a Microsoft Windows XP operating system in any network environment. The 70-271 test makes a basic assumption that you already have a strong background of experience with Windows XP Professional, Windows Server 2003, and/or Windows 2000 Server products and their applicable terminology. Before taking the 70-271 test, you should practice the following:
- Install Windows XP Professional on a computer.
- Test and configure various TCP/IP configurations by using several command line utilities, and troubleshoot TCP/IP using the PING, TRACERT, and PATHPING commands.
The PrepKit for the Microsoft 70-297 test measures an individual’s ability to analyze the business requirements and to design a directory service architecture including unified directory services, such as Active Directory and Windows NT/2000 domains connectivity between and within systems, system components, and applications data replication, such as directory replication and database replication. In addition, the 70-297 test measures the skills required for analyzing the business and technical requirements for desktop management, designing a solution for desktop management that meets business requirements, designing a directory service architecture, and designing service locations. Before taking the 70-297 test, you should practice the following:
The 70-632 test measures an individual’s ability to build, maintain, and control well-formed project plans. Before taking the 70-632 test, you should practice the following:
- Configure Tools and Options.
- Set Up a Project.
- Estimate, Schedule, and Budget Tasks.
- Resource Project Plans.
- Save and modify baselines.
Planning and Implementing an Active Directory Infrastructure
- With an L2TP connection, you have to use the IPSec protocol for data encryption.
- Sharing a printer on the member server, which is part of the domain, automatically publishes the printer in Active Directory.
- In order to provide permissions to a user to monitor performance counters on the file server locally and from remote computers, add the user’s account to the Performance Monitor Users group.
The PrepKit for Microsoft exam 70-294 is designed to help individuals prepare for the actual Microsoft exam 70-294. The Microsoft exam 70-294 measures an individual’s ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot the Windows 2003 Active Directory components, DNS for Active Directory, and Active Directory security solutions. Before taking the 70-294 exam, you should practice the following:
- Install Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition on two networked computers. During installation, through Setup, create a partition on the hard disks, on which you should install Windows Server 2003 as a stand-alone server in a workgroup.
- Make a Windows 2003 domain-based network of two computers.
- Install and configure DNS.
- Create sites.
The Microsoft test 70-554 is designed to measure an individual’s ability and skills in MCPD Enterprise Application development by using the Microsoft .NET Framework. Before taking the 70-554 test, you should practice the following:
- Manage a solution environment using the Visual Studio 2005 Integrated development environment.
- Understand the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 and the Common Language Runtime (CLR), Common Type System (CTS), and Common Language Specification (CLS).
- Develop and deploy an application.
Q. What is the 70-554 -CSHARP/VB exam?
A. Microsoft’s 70-554 -CSHARP/VB exam is designed to test your knowledge of the Enterprise Application Developer. The 70-554 exam measures your skills that include developing and implementing distributed applications by using ASP.NET, and the Microsoft .NET Framework with CSHARP. The exam measures your knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and the new features of ASP.NET 2.0, developing and designing Enterprise applications, designing and developing a user interface, designing and developing a component, designing and developing an application framework, deploying and supporting an application, and testing and stabilizing an application.