Creating and Managing Microsoft Windows(r) Services, Serviced Components, .NET Remoting Objects, and XML Web Services
- The SessionID property of the HttpSessionState class identifies an active ASP.NET session by using a unique session ID.
- The Process.Start method is used to start a Windows application and is registered in the system registry on a computer.
- The Status property of the ServiceController class specifies the status of the current instance of a Windows service.
- If a class derives from the ServiceBase class, the OnCustomCommand method is executed when the Service Control Manager (SCM) passes a custom command to the service. This method is used to specify actions when a command with the specified parameter value occurs.
- The AutoLog property of the ServiceBase class is used to determine whether or not a service automatically logs the entries in the event log when events such as Start, Stop, Pause, and Continue occur.
- The CreateEventSource method of the EventLog class establishes an application as a valid event source for writing event information to a particular event log on a computer.
- The Imports statement is used to import namespace names from referenced projects and assemblies.
General high availability technologies in 10g
- The ORDER BY clause sorts the records in ascending order and it comes last in the SELECT statement.
- The Online redo log files and the operating system flat file are used to store a copy of a data dictionary.
- RMAN can be used to take an incremental backup for tablespaces and data files.
- The rman target/ command is used to maintain backup copies by connecting to the target database and returns the RMAN prompt to issue further backup commands.
- The NLS_LANG parameter must be set to specify the language, territory, and character set used in an application.
- CONFIGURE is an RMAN command that configures an RMAN environment.
- CONFIGURE RETENTION POLICY CLEAR is a command that will configure the retention policy to the default of REDUNDANCY 1.
- RMAN is used to migrate the database files from conventional file system storage to ASM storage.
- The control file, target database catalog, and Recovery catalog are used to store the RMAN’s persistent settings.
- The redo files are opened after executing the ALTER DATABASE OPEN command on a database when it is in MOUNT mode.
- RMAN can be used to move database objects from a non-ASM disk location to an ASM disk group.
- The V dynamic performance view includes the status, the location where the block change tracking file is stored, and the size in bytes of the file.
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is an Internet service that helps in transferring files from one computer to another over the Internet.
- Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) is a more secure version of Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP). It provides tunneling, address assignment, and authentication.
- Virtual private network (VPN) uses a tunneling protocol to span public networks, such as the Internet, without security risk. VPN enables remote users to access corporate networks securely by using a tunneling protocol such as PPTP or L2TP.
- TCP/IP is the primary protocol of the Internet.
- SMTP uses port 25 by default.
- Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) is a network maintenance protocol of the TCP/IP protocol suite. It is responsible for the resolution of IP addresses to media access control (MAC) addresses of a network interface card (NIC).
- FTP uses port 20 and 21 by default.
- MIME stands for Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions. It is a standard for multi-part, multimedia electronic mail messages and World Wide Web hypertext documents on the Internet.
- The TCP/IP protocol should be bound to the dial-up adapter for Internet access on a Windows 98 computer.
New Features of Oracle 10g, Oracle 10g Installation, Server Configuration, and Maintenance of the Software
- Memory – 512MB, Temp space – 400MB of free space in the /tmp directory applicable for the Unix operating system, Swap space – 1GB or twice the amount of RAM, Free disk space – 1.5GB are the minimum hardware requirements to install Oracle 10g.
- The Installation Type list box is used to decide the type of installation.
- Oracle Management Agent (OMA) is a centralized administrative tool that is capable of administering the database server and an application server.
- The location (/u01/app/oracle) will be considered as the base of Optimal Flexible Architecture (OFA).
- The password file is used to authenticate the administrative tasks from remote locations.
- An Oracle 10g client can be used to connect to an Oracle 8i or 9i database by using the following syntax:
Overview of Electronic Commerce
- B2C and B2B are types of e-commerce.
- B2C stands for business-to-consumer. B2C involves transactions conducted between businesses and consumers over the Internet. For example, placing an order for a book or a home appliance by a consumer to a business over the Internet.
- B2B stands for business-to-business. B2B involves transactions conducted between businesses over the Internet. It is used to exchange products, services, or information between businesses. B2B is also known as e-biz.
- The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is an international industry consortium that develops common standards for the World Wide Web to promote its evolution and interoperability.
- E-commerce sites offer a wide access to existing markets. Moreover, they give new access to undiscovered markets. Online stores have many advantages over the traditional stores.
Working with the Photoshop UI
- Photoshop enables you to save the positions of all the open palettes as a workspace.
- To load a preserved workspace, choose Window > Workspace, and select the workspace from the submenu.
- Photoshop lets a user to save the current set of keyboard shortcuts as a workspace.
- The Slide Show view option (View > Slide Show) of the Bridge displays a group of images one by one at full screen.
- The As Details view option (View > As Details) of the Bridge displays a list of thumbnails along with the information about each file in the main viewing area of the Bridge workspace.
- The As Filmstrip view option (View > As Filmstrip) of the Bridge displays thumbnails of files in a scrolling list along with a big preview of the file selected in the list in the main viewing area of the Bridge workspace.
Some of the Microsoft exams can contain adaptive tests, which are different from conventional tests you have experienced till now. The grading of these tests is done on a different scale than was done in the old format. These tests are tougher than conventional tests and hence very difficult for you to score 100%. In most cases, you will not be able to answer all the questions before moving on to the next topic. In this article, we will explain how these tests are different and how you should attempt them to get a good score.
Adaptive tests are different from conventional tests, as you cannot go back and change your answers. This makes these tests much more difficult than conventional tests. You cannot bookmark a question and attempt it afterwards, as you won’t get that question again. When you start taking an adaptive test, the first question presented has an average difficulty level. If your answer is correct, you will be presented with a higher difficulty level question. On the other hand, if your answer is incorrect, you will be presented with a lower difficulty level question. Each question is scored on the basis of its difficulty level. The adaptive test selects questions from a pool of questions. The computer calculates your score for each question as soon as you go to the next question. Continue reading