Creating and Managing Microsoft Windows Services, Serviced Components, .NET Remoting Objects, and XML Web Services
- The SessionID property of the HttpSessionState class identifies an active ASP.NET session by using a unique session ID.
- The Process.Start method is used to start a Windows application and is registered in the system registry on a computer.
- A constructor is used to create an object that is an instance of a class. It has the same name as the class in which it resides.
- A sealed class is a class that cannot be derived from. Sealed classes are primarily used to prevent unintended derivation.
- If a class derives from the ServiceBase class, the OnCustomCommand method is executed when the Service Control Manager (SCM) passes a custom command to the service. This method is used to specify actions when a command with the specified parameter value occurs.