The cloud computing industry is growing a lot these days, causing a high demand for cloud computing professionals. Amazon Web Services has a huge share of the existing cloud services market which is another reason that AWS certified professionals are in demand. The AWS certifications can help aspiring cloud computing professionals learn about the opportunities in an AWS career. These certifications are listed among the top-paying IT certifications worldwide. Starting with a basic definition of AWS and the reasons to get an AWS certification, you will get to know about the AWS certification advantages.
Before proceeding any further, here is some basic information about AWS! Amazon Web Services is a cloud platform that offers more than 100 cloud services. The cloud services help companies to create complete infrastructure and many other resources.
Benefits Of AWS Certification
The Amazon AWS certifications validate your skills and knowledge in the cloud computing platform.
1. Opportunities For The Future
Research shows that almost 83% of enterprise workloads would be transferred to the cloud by 2020. So, an AWS certification can help you prepare for the upcoming trends in the cloud computing job market. AWS is showing gradual growth in the cloud industry and because of this, most organizations would need AWS certified professionals. Therefore, an AWS certification will help you showcase your skills and increase your appeal as a job candidate.
2. A New Approach For Developing Your Skills
AWS offers a variety of certifications like AWS Certified Advanced Networking, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, and AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, and more. These certifications validate your skills to design and deploy AWS as part of a hybrid IT network architecture, to scale. These certifications will help you gain skills that are demanded in today’s job market.
3. Increased Pay Scale
This is the most exciting part! According to a recent survey, AWS certification can improve a certified professional’s salary by almost 25.9%. The average salary for an AWS certified professional is almost USD 113,932. Here is a breakdown of average salary by AWS certificate:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional: USD 136,259
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional: USD 125,743
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate: USD 125,149
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate: USD 117,773
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate: USD 112,984
4. Career Prospects
AWS certifications can open the door to many high-paying careers in IT. There is a wide range of job opportunities available for you once you pass the right AWS certification exam.
- Cloud Developer: Average yearly salary: USD 95,000
- DevOps Engineer: Average yearly salary: USD 93,000 – USD 144,000
- Cloud Software Engineer: Average yearly salary: USD 63,000 – USD 93,000
- System Integrator — Cloud: Average yearly salary: USD 81,000
- Operational Support Engineer: Average yearly salary: USD 59,000-USD 92,000
5. Expanded Professional Network
An AWS certified professional becomes a member of the AWS Certified Global Community and can access the AWS Certified LinkedIn Community and network. Becoming a part of this opens a lot of career opportunities for them in the future.
If you are excited about getting Amazon AWS certified, uCertify offers a comprehensive course and lab that will help you prepare for the AWS exams. Get yourself enrolled in the course and pass the exams in your first attempt.