Deepak Jaisingh has 10+ years of technical experience in various industries like Banking, Manufacturing, Insurance etc. His expertise lie in Database and System Administration. His “Never Give Up” attitude is the reason behind all his success. He started his career in a small call center, then very soon he migrated to IT and from there on he never looked back. Oracle became his passion and his job, his obsession.
Deepak is an Oracle certified professional (OCP) and Sun Certified Java Professional (SCJP). He is currently perusing OCM.
Deepak is co-author and contributor for following PrepKits:
1Z0-042: Oracle 10g DBA Admin I
1Z0-043: Oracle 10g DBA Admin I,
1Z0-047: Oracle 11g SQL Expert
Bob Bryla is an Oracle 8, 8i, 9, 10g and 11g Certified Professional with more than 20 years of experience in database design, database application development, training, and Oracle database administration. He is the primary internet database designer and developer at Lands’ End in Dodgeville, Wisconsin. Bob works with PL/SQL and Oracle on a daily basis to support the back end of the world’s #1 clothing web site, landsend.com.
Bob Bryla Co-Author and contributor for following uCertify PrepKit
1Z0-052 OCA: Oracle Database 11g: Administration I
General high availability technologies in 10g
- The ORDER BY clause sorts the records in ascending order and it comes last in the SELECT statement.
- The Online redo log files and the operating system flat file are used to store a copy of a data dictionary.
- RMAN can be used to take an incremental backup for tablespaces and data files.
- The rman target/ command is used to maintain backup copies by connecting to the target database and returns the RMAN prompt to issue further backup commands.
- The NLS_LANG parameter must be set to specify the language, territory, and character set used in an application.
- CONFIGURE is an RMAN command that configures an RMAN environment.
- CONFIGURE RETENTION POLICY CLEAR is a command that will configure the retention policy to the default of REDUNDANCY 1.
- RMAN is used to migrate the database files from conventional file system storage to ASM storage.
- The control file, target database catalog, and Recovery catalog are used to store the RMAN’s persistent settings.
- The redo files are opened after executing the ALTER DATABASE OPEN command on a database when it is in MOUNT mode.
- RMAN can be used to move database objects from a non-ASM disk location to an ASM disk group.
- The V dynamic performance view includes the status, the location where the block change tracking file is stored, and the size in bytes of the file.
New Features of Oracle 10g, Oracle 10g Installation, Server Configuration, and Maintenance of the Software
- Memory – 512MB, Temp space – 400MB of free space in the /tmp directory applicable for the Unix operating system, Swap space – 1GB or twice the amount of RAM, Free disk space – 1.5GB are the minimum hardware requirements to install Oracle 10g.
- The Installation Type list box is used to decide the type of installation.
- Oracle Management Agent (OMA) is a centralized administrative tool that is capable of administering the database server and an application server.
- The location (/u01/app/oracle) will be considered as the base of Optimal Flexible Architecture (OFA).
- The password file is used to authenticate the administrative tasks from remote locations.
- An Oracle 10g client can be used to connect to an Oracle 8i or 9i database by using the following syntax: