Creating and Managing Microsoft Windows Services, Serviced Components, .NET Remoting Objects, and XML Web Services
- The SessionID property of the HttpSessionState class identifies an active ASP.NET session by using a unique session ID.
- The Process.Start method is used to start a Windows application and is registered in the system registry on a computer.
- A constructor is used to create an object that is an instance of a class. It has the same name as the class in which it resides.
- A sealed class is a class that cannot be derived from. Sealed classes are primarily used to prevent unintended derivation.
- If a class derives from the ServiceBase class, the OnCustomCommand method is executed when the Service Control Manager (SCM) passes a custom command to the service. This method is used to specify actions when a command with the specified parameter value occurs.
Continue reading →
The Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certification is designed for individuals who implement a Microsoft technology or product as part of a business solution in an organization. The MCP certification is used to measure the technical proficiency and expertise of candidates. The requirements for each MCP certification are different and are specific to the product. A candidate who has passed any current certification exam (any exam that has not retired) as of October 1, 1998, will earn the Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) credential.
What are the job roles for MCP certified professionals?
MCP certification prepares you for different job roles in the IT and networking fields. Some of the job roles that are suitable for Microsoft Certified Professionals (MCPs) are as follows:
- For Networking and System Administration: systems engineer, systems administrator, network administrator, information systems administrator, technical support engineers, systems analysts, network analysts and technical consultants. Related certification are MCSA and MCSE.
- For Database Administration: database administrators, analysts, and developers. Related certification are MCDBA, MCTS and MCITP.
- For Help Desk and Customer Support: technical support specialists, PC support specialists, help desk technician and customer support representatives. Related certification is MCDST.
- For Programming and Web Development: programmer, software developer, software engineer, web developer or systems analyst, application developer, enterprise applications developer, software architect, and consultant.
What are the requirements for becoming MCP?
To get MCP certification, you have to take one mandatory test related to your field of expertise.
What are the benefits of having MCP certification?
The MCP certification proves expertise on the Microsoft products and technologies. Professionals holding the MCP certification are preferred by the employers and they also get preference in promotions. It is helpful for professionals who have entry-level certification in related technologies to upgrade their credentials and get recognition from the industry. And most importantly, on average, an MCP certified person gets more salary than persons having the same job profile.
How this certification helps employers?
Continue reading →