SSCP - Systems Security Certified Practitioner
uCertify uses content from well known publishers, instructors, and subject matter experts. They have a minimum of 15 years of experience in their fields. uCertify brings these textbooks to life. It is full of interactive activities that keeps the learner engaged. uCertify brings all available learning resources for a topic in one place so that the learner can efficiently learn without going to multiple places. Challenge questions are also embedded in the chapters so learners can attempt those while they are learning about that particular topic. This helps them grasp the concepts better because they can go over it again right away which improves learning. Learners can do Flashcards, Exercises, Quizzes and Labs related to each chapter. At the end of every lesson, uCertify courses guide the learners on the path they should follow.
uCertify platform supports 50+ different types of interactive activities, connect the idea, or try it yourself lab activities embedded throughout its course. These interactive activities keeps learners engaged and makes learning fun.
Here's What You Get
Each lesson comes with Exercises, Flashcards & Quizzes. There is no limit to the number of times learners can attempt these. Exercises come with detailed remediation, which ensures that learners are confident on the topic before proceeding. Flashcards help master the key concepts while Glossary defines the key terms.
Here's What you will Learn
- Implement Logical Access Controls in Terms of Subjects
- Implement Logical Access Controls in Terms of Objects
- Implement Authentication Mechanisms
- Apply Access Control Concepts
- Manage Internetwork Trust Architectures
- Implement identity management
- Understand basic security concepts related to cloud computing
- Adhere to Code of Ethics
- Perform Security Administrative Duties
- Perform Change Management Duties
- Provide security evaluation and assistance to the organization
- Participate in Security Awareness Education
- Assess the information communication technology infrastructure using appropriate tools
- Understand concepts of endpoint device security
- Comply with data management policies
- Understand security concepts
- Maintain Effective Monitoring Systems
- Analyze Monitoring Results
- Understand Risk Management Process
- Perform Security Assessment Activities
- Participate in incident handling analysis
- Understand and Support Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP)
- Understand basic concepts of Cryptography
- Understand Requirements for Cryptography
- Support Certificate and Key Management
- Understand the use of Secure Protocols
- Understand Security issues related to Networks
- Understand Telecommunications
- Understand Remote Access
- Understand Firewalls and Proxies
- Understand Wireless and Cellular Technologies
- Identify Malicious Code
- Implement Malicious Code Countermeasures
- Identify Malicious Activity
- Implement Malicious Activity Countermeasures
Test Prep & Practice Questions
uCertify provides full length practice tests. These tests closely follow the exam objectives and are designed to simulate real exam conditions. Each course has a number of test sets consisting of hundreds of items to ensure that learners are prepared for the certification exam.
Here's What You Get
Each question comes with detailed remediation explaining not only why an answer option is correct but also why the incorrect answer options are incorrect.
Each test can be taken unlimited number of times until the learner feels they are prepared. Learner can review the test and read detailed remediation. Detailed test history is also available.
Each test set comes with learn, test and review modes. In learn mode, learners will attempt a question and will get immediate feedback and complete remediation as they move on to the next question. In test mode, learners can take a timed test simulating the actual exam conditions. In review mode, learners can read through one item at a time without attempting it.
The Systems Security Certified Practitioner exam is a standalone certification from ISC2 with the exam code SSCP.
The exam is targeted to individuals who may hold technical and engineering related information security positions such as network security engineers, systems security analysts, security administrators as well as non security specific information technology positions that require an understanding of security concepts and of best Security practices.
The exam covers areas like logical access, control concepts, risk responses and recovery, analyzing of monitoring results, wireless and cellular technologies etc.
Prepare for the following certification
An ISC2's SSCP Certified Professional has several career opportunities open up to them, including:
- Network security engineers
- Security System Analyst
- Security Administrator
- System auditors
- Application Programmers
- Network and database administrator
- Business Unit Representatives
- System Analysts
- Paper based testing- Early registration- $250
- Paper based testing-Standard registration-$300
- Computer based Testing-$250
Pricing and taxes may vary from country to country.
ISC2 has the following pre-requisites for SSCP certification:
- Candidates have a minimum of one year of cumulative information systems security-related work experience in one or more of the seven domains of the SSCP .
- If you do not have the required experience, you may still sit for the exam and become an Associate of (ISC)2 for SSCP until you have gained the required experience.
For the information of seven domain click here.
(on a scale of 0-1000)
In the event that you fail your first attempt at passing the SSCP exam, ISC2's retake policy is:
- Candidates who do not pass the exam the first time will be able to take the retest after 30 days.
- Candidates that fail a second time will need to wait 90 days prior sitting for the exam again.
- If a candidate fails third time, the next available time to sit for the exam will be 180 days after the most recent exam attempt.