Systems Security Certified Practitioner
ISC2's SSCP certification is an industry recognized vendor-neutral credential. The certification is proof of a person's competence in technical aspects of information security design, implementation and administration of information systems in compliance with stated policies. uCertify’s guaranteed certification course for SSCP exam is comprehensive and helps you earn your certification and gain knowledge. Here’s what to expect from your uCertify course:
• 100% Exam Coverage • Interactive E-Book • Pre-Assessment Test • 249 Practice Questions with Full Explanations • 86 Interactive Quizzes • Test History and Performance Review and Powerful Analytics • Study Planner • Continuously Updated
Prepare for the following certification
The Systems Security Certified Practitioner exam is a standalone certification from ISC2 with the exam code SSCP.
The exam is targeted to individuals who may hold technical and engineering related information security positions such as network security engineers, systems security analysts, security administrators as well as non security specific information technology positions that require an understanding of security concepts and of best Security practices.
The exam covers areas like logical access, control concepts, risk responses and recovery, analyzing of monitoring results, wireless and cellular technologies etc.
- Access Controls
- Malicious Code and Activity
- Monitoring and Analysis
- Networks and Communications
- Risk, Response and Recovery
- Security Operations and Administration
SSCP Course Duration
This is a self-paced, independent study program, so there are no minimum or maximum restrictions placed by uCertify. The amount of time you will take depends on your existing knowledge of the area and related experience, as well as your availability. We recommend at least 2-3 weeks if you have a reasonable knowledge of security skills and network knowledge and one year of work experience.
Authored by Industry Experts
uCertify uses content from the finest publishers and only the IT industry's finest instructors. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields. Unlike a live class, you can study at your own pace. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefits of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
Exercises, Quizzes & Flashcards
uCertify's exercises, quizzes and flashcards prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes, flashcards and exercises after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding. This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course.
Practice Test Sets
uCertify courses also include full length practice test sets designed to test your knowledge under real exam conditions. Each course has a number of test sets consisting of hundreds of items to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
Online labs to supplement your training. uCertify labs are an inexpensive & safe way to explore and learn. uCertify labs are versatile - labs simulate real-world, hardware, software & command line interface environments and can be mapped to any text-book, course & training.
State of the Art Educator Tools
uCertify knows the importance of instructors and provide tools to help them do their job effectively. Instructors are able to clone and customize course, do ability grouping, create sections, design grade scale and grade formula, create and schedule assignments. Educators can also move a student from self-paced to mentor-guided to instructor-led mode in three clicks.
Award Winning Learning Platform (LMS)
uCertify has developed an award winning, highly interactive yet simple to use platform. uCertify understands that it is critical to help student focus on learning the subject and not learning the LMS. uCertify helps student retain and recall the knowledge by teaching students using interactive exercises. Features such as actionable analytics and study planner help in keeping students focused.
SSCP Course/Exam Objectives
- Chapter 1: Access Controls
- Implement Logical Access Controls in Terms of Subjects
- Implement Logical Access Controls in Terms of Objects
- Implement Authentication Mechanisms
- Apply Access Control Concepts
- Manage Internetwork Trust Architectures
- Implement identity management
- Understand basic security concepts related to cloud computing
- Chapter 2: Security Operations and Administration
- Adhere to Code of Ethics
- Perform Security Administrative Duties
- Perform Change Management Duties
- Provide security evaluation and assistance to the organization
- Participate in Security Awareness Education
- Assess the information communication technology infrastructure using appropriate tools
- Understand concepts of endpoint device security
- Comply with data management policies
- Understand security concepts
- Chapter 3: Monitoring and Analysis
- Maintain Effective Monitoring Systems
- Analyze Monitoring Results
- Chapter 4: Risk, Response, and Recovery
- Understand Risk Management Process
- Perform Security Assessment Activities
- Participate in incident handling analysis
- Understand and Support Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP)
- Chapter 5: Cryptography
- Understand basic concepts of Cryptography
- Understand Requirements for Cryptography
- Support Certificate and Key Management
- Understand the use of Secure Protocols
- Chapter 6: Networks and Communications
- Understand Security issues related to Networks
- Understand Telecommunications
- Understand Remote Access
- Understand Firewalls and Proxies
- Understand Wireless and Cellular Technologies
- Chapter 7: Malicious Code and Activity
- Identify Malicious Code
- Implement Malicious Code Countermeasures
- Identify Malicious Activity
- Implement Malicious Activity Countermeasures
- Network security engineers
- Security System Analyst
- Security Administrator
- System auditors
- Application Programmers
- Network and database administrator
- Business Unit Representatives
- System Analysts
- Paper based testing- Early registration- $250
- Paper based testing-Standard registration-$300
- Computer based Testing-$250
- Candidates have a minimum of one year of cumulative information systems security-related work experience in one or more of the seven domains of the SSCP .
- If you do not have the required experience, you may still sit for the exam and become an Associate of (ISC)2 for SSCP until you have gained the required experience.
- Candidates who do not pass the exam the first time will be able to take the retest after 30 days.
- Candidates that fail a second time will need to wait 90 days prior sitting for the exam again.
- If a candidate fails third time, the next available time to sit for the exam will be 180 days after the most recent exam attempt.
An ISC2's SSCP Certified Professional has several career opportunities open up to them, including:
SSCP Exam FAQs
Pricing and taxes may vary from country to country.
ISC2 has the following pre-requisites for SSCP certification:
For the information of seven domain click here.
(on a scale of 0-1000)
In the event that you fail your first attempt at passing the SSCP exam, ISC2's retake policy is:
At a Glance
|SSCP Course Includes||Free||Buy|
|Total Questions (inc. quizzes)||15||249|