Certified Internet of Things Practitioner (CIoTP)
Gain hands-on experience to pass the ITP-110 certification exam with the Certified Internet of Things Practitioner (CIoTP) course and lab.The lab is cloud-based, device-enabled, and can easily be integrated with an LMS. The IoT certification course covers the ITP-110 exam objectives and teaches students how to work with IoT ecosystems, security, privacy, and safety, IoT system development life cycle, and the impact of IoT.
Here's what you will get
The CertNexus Certified Internet of Things Practitioner exam will certify that the successful candidate has the foundational knowledge of IoT concepts, tools, and technologies. The CIoTP exam is ideal for individuals who are seeking to build vendor-neutral, cross-industry foundational knowledge. The certification exam will provide skills that will enable them to design, implement, operate, and/or manage an IoT ecosystem.
8+ Lessons | 60+ Quizzes | 179+ Flashcards | 179+ Glossary of terms
50+ Pre Assessment Questions | 1+ Full Length Tests | 100+ Post Assessment Questions | 100+ Practice Test Questions
Hand on lab
13+ LiveLab | 00+ Minutes
Need guidance and support? Click here to check our Instructor Led Course.
Here's what you will learnDownload Course Outline
Lessons 1: Introduction
- Course Description
- How to Use This Course
- Course-Specific Technical Requirements
Lessons 2: Planning an IoT Implementation
- Topic A: Select a General Architecture for an IoT Project
- Topic B: Identify the Benefits and Challenges of IoT
Lessons 3: Constructing and Programming an IoT Device
- Topic A: Select and Configure a Processing Unit
- Topic B: Select a Microcontroller Power Source
- Topic C: Use a Software Development Kit to Program an IoT Device
Lessons 4: Communicating with an IoT Device
- Topic A: Communicate Using Wired Connections
- Topic B: Communicate Using Wireless Connections
- Topic C: Communicate Using Internet Protocols
Lessons 5: Processing IoT Data
- Topic A: Process IoT Device Input and Output
- Topic B: Process Data in the Cloud
- Topic C: Provide M2M Communication
Lessons 6: Managing Risks on IoT Projects
- Topic A: Identify IoT Security and Privacy Risks
- Topic B: Manage IoT Security and Privacy Risks
- Topic C: Manage IoT Safety Risks
Lessons 7: Undertaking an IoT Project
- Topic A: Identify Real World Applications for IoT
- Topic B: Follow the IoT Development Lifecycle
Lessons 8: Mapping CertNexus Certified Internet of Things Practitioner (CIoTP)
Hands-on LAB Activities
Constructing and Programming an IoT Device
- Attaching a Microcontroller Development Board to the CPU Using USB Cables
Communicating with an IoT Device
- Getting TCP Settings
- Getting UDP Settings
Processing IoT Data
- Installing Components on the Breadboard
Managing Risks on IoT Projects
- Conducting a DoS Attack Using a SYN Flood
- Identifying Virus Threats
- Exploiting a Website Using SQL Injection
- Defending against IP Spoofing
- Searching Vulnerability Using Metasploit
- Performing a DDoS Attack Using cmd
- Performing ARP Spoofing
- Exploiting LDAP-based Authentication
- Attacking a Website Using XSS Injection
There are no formal prerequisites to register for and schedule an exam, but CertNexus strongly recommends that the candidate should have an:
- Understanding of the business benefits and challenges of IoT systems.
- Understanding of a typical IoT ecosystem, including the physical elements, edge/fog computing elements, network and connectivity elements, cloud and cloud platform elements, and the applications and things within various market sectors.
- Understanding of common IoT security and privacy threats and countermeasures.
- Understanding of common IoT safety hazards and risk management approaches.
- Understanding of the IoT system development life cycle.
No application fee
Multiple Choice/Multiple Response
The exam contains 100 questions.
60 or 61% depending on exam form
Any candidates who do not pass a CertNexus certification exam on the first attempt are eligible for one free retake after 30 calendar days from the time they took the initial exam. All CertNexus certification exam vouchers include one free retake. Candidates must purchase another voucher for any subsequent attempts beyond the first free retake.
TBD (typically, 3 years from Launch Date)