- The size of the shared pool can be changed dynamically. The data dictionary cache of the shared pool holds the most recently accessed data dictionary information. The shared pool consists of a library cache and data dictionary cache.
- Control file, redo log file, and data file are part of an Oracle database.
- An SGA and Oracle background processes constitute an Oracle instance. An SGA is ended when an Oracle instance is shut down. Multiple users can share data in an SGA.
- While making modifications in SPFILE, the instance should be in open and running state, whereas in the case of PFILE, the instance will have to be first shut down and restarted before making any modifications in it.
- V is a dynamic performance view that is used to display the names and the location of all the control files.
- Following is the correct sequence of the processes that occur when a database is opened:
- An initialization parameter file is read.