For IT professionals working with databases, Oracle is a name you are probably familiar with. Knowing how to work with Oracle’s business technologies and databases is often a crucial skill in multiple industries from marketing and sales to e-commerce. Earning a certification in Oracle databases can ensure that you are confident with the skills and knowledge required on the job. Moreover, when you pursue an Oracle database certification, you can benefit not only your own professional career but also the company you are working for.
Company Benefits of Employing Workers with Oracle Database Certification
When companies commit to hiring Oracle Database-certified employees, they benefit in a number of ways. Beyond that, if you join a company that highly values Oracle certification, your employers may support you in getting certified to more advanced levels. Overall, companies tend to succeed when they have well-trained professionals on their staff. Employers that work with Oracle may be motivated to hire certified staff for the following reasons:
- Businesses that hire workers with Oracle certifications often see better retention rates of staff.
- When a company commits to Oracle certification, it sets a higher standard and benchmark for employee skills and knowledge.
- Employees who are certified in Oracle databases tend to perform better than those who are not.
- Oracle certification throughout a company can lead to greater productivity across the board.
- Companies that employ certified workers may see higher performance in their IT and database systems.
Personal Benefits of Pursuing a Certification in Oracle Database
Beyond benefiting your company’s productivity and success, Oracle certification can significantly impact your own personal and professional growth. When you are thinking about whether to enroll in an Oracle database certification course, consider the following benefits:
- Higher salary than non-certified professionals
- Less likelihood of being let go or made redundantly
- Affirmation of your credibility within an IT work environment
- Ability to upgrade credentials with specialized training programs
- Demonstration of your commitment to professional advancement
- Exclusive online access to resources, including the OCP Members Only Website
- Proof of your skills and knowledge to use industry-wide core and respected technologies
- Advantage against non-certified job candidates or colleagues in recruitment and promotion processes
Oracle offers multiple levels of certifications for its different technologies and databases. Whether you work with 12c R2, 11g, or SQL at a beginner or advanced level, an Oracle database certification program can provide many benefits for your career advancement. To boost your skills, increase your salary, and work more productively, becoming known as an Oracle database-certified employee can make your skillset a necessity for your future employer.