Java technology has grown in popularity and usage because of its true portability. The Java platform allows you to run the same Java application on different operating systems.
Sun Java certifications are well recognized among the java developers’ community. Sun Java technology certifications provide a clear demonstration of the technical skills, professional dedication, and motivation for which employers are willing to pay a premium. Recognized industry-wide, Sun’s Java technology training and certification options help ensure that you have the necessary skills to efficiently meet the challenges of your business organization.
Benefits of Sun Java certifications:
- Sun Java certification proves that you have the exact skills and knowledge to develop business applications on the java technology.
- Becoming certified in Sun Java technology improves marketability of a professional and helps increase opportunities for professional advancement, in areas like salary increase and job role enhancements.
- Sun Java certified professionals provide a more stable work environment in the business enterprises.
- Sun Java certification help experienced Java programmers to validate their knowledge and get industry recognition.
- Sun Java certified professionals are more productive and efficient in the workplace.
Pass Sun Java certification exam in first attempt. Download latest exam simulation, questions, tutorial and study guide for Java certification exams:
Sun Certified Java Associate (SCJA)
Sun Certified Java Programmer (SCJP)
Sun Certified Web Component Developer (SCWCD)
Sun Certified Business Component Developer (SCBCD)
Sun Certified Mobile Application Developer (SCMAD)
Q. What are the prerequisites for the SCJP 1.6 exam?
A. There is no prerequisite for the SCJP 1.6 exam. However, you must be well experienced with the language before you take the exam. Even if you are new to the Java field, you can still pass the exam with self-study. This will require a lot of dedication and practice, especially with code and newly added Java 1.6 features.
Q. I am new to Java. How should I start preparing for the exam?
A. To start preparing for the exam, you need to download the development kit (JDK 1.6) from Sun’s official website . You can also download the documentation from the website. Passing the exam needs a lot of practice.
The CX310-065 (Sun Certified Programmer for the Java Platform, Standard Edition 6) checks your real ability as a programmer. In fact, it is totally scenario based rather than knowledge based. This test requires you to have a good understanding of the Java language and the capability to write code for well-defined design applications. For this purpose, along with studying books and taking various practice tests, you should also practice with Java. There will be less number of direct questions, and more questions of ‘find the output’ type. Drag-n-Drop questions will test your hold on your knowledge in writing code. A good number of questions will be based on new topics added to the language in J2SE 5 and J2SE 6 versions. These topics are as follows: generics, autoboxing/unboxing, covariant return, variable length arguments, static import, enums, Console class, NavigableSet, NavigableMap, and for-each loop. Although not many direct questions will be there in the test, practicing them will help clear your fundamentals. You should practice the following things with Java to be confident enough to score well in the test:
- Write code that declares, constructs, and initializes arrays of any base type using any of the permitted forms both for declaration and for initialization.
- Write code using the if and switch statements.
After reviewing the uCertify prepkit for the exam SCJP, Vaibhav said “Ah good recap of my exam days. I feel like giving the certification exam again 🙂 I am again very thankful to uCertify which provide a good deal of questions and make the life little easier for aspirants” Continue reading Vaibhav’s uCertify Sunâ€™s SCJP 5.0 PrepKit review >>