Earning a CASP+ (CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner) certification is the proof your advanced-level competency in risk management; enterprise security operations and architecture; integration of enterprise security; and research and collaboration. The successful candidates of this exam gain skills in:
- Enterprise Security domain that includes operations and architecture concepts, techniques, and requirements;
- Examining risk through interpreting trend data and anticipating cyber defense.
- Security control topics including mobile and small form factor devices as well as software vulnerability;
- Combining cloud and virtualization technologies into a secure enterprise architecture
- Cryptographic techniques that include Blockchain- Cryptocurrency and Mobile device encryption
CASP+ is ideal for technical professionals who want to remain immersed in technology instead of strictly managing. It is the only hands-on, performance-based certification for practitioners and not managers at the advanced skill level of cybersecurity. While cybersecurity managers identify what cybersecurity policies and frameworks could be implemented, CASP+ certified professionals figure out how to implement solutions within those policies and frameworks.
Before you go for CompTIA CASP+ certification, CompTIA recommends that you have a minimum of ten years of experience in IT administration, including at least five years of hands-on technical security experience.
Check out the CASP+ certification exam domains and their percentage:
|PERCENTAGE OF EXAMINATION
|Enterprise Security Architecture
|Enterprise Security Operations
|Technical Integration of Enterprise Security
|Research, Development and Collaboration
CompTIA requires a CASP+ certification holder to renew his credential every three years. To renew the certification, candidates are required to:
- Pass the most current version of the CASP+ exam or
- Pass a higher level CompTIA or non-CompTIA exam or
- Earn continuing education units (CEUs) by participating in qualified activities, like getting another industry certification, publishing an article or white paper, or attending a relevant conference or event.
So, want to be a CompTIA CASP+ certified professional? Then, start your prep today with uCertify!