Are you thinking of getting Microsoft 365 certified in 2020? If yes, then we’re here for you! We will introduce you to all the currently available Microsoft 365 certifications. But first, let’s cover the benefits of getting certified.
Why Get Certified?
There are plenty of reasons to get a Microsoft Certification. Certified professionals are demanded in various IT sectors, so having these certifications increases your value inside your company. Microsoft’s new MCSA/MCSE/MCSD certifications adjust to industry-perceived areas of competence and allow you to show your particular skills in Microsoft products and administrations. Microsoft credentials are worldwide industry standards and are accessible for desktop applications and specialized technical products/technology. Microsoft Learning launched the latest iteration of its Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) program. The current MCP certification is categorized into five categories: Server, Desktop, Application, Database, and Developer.
Microsoft 365 Certifications in 2020
There are a total of eight certification options available for Microsoft 365 Professionals. You should choose one depending on your experience with Microsoft 365 and other Microsoft products. Certifications are split into three categories based on the level of difficulty: Fundamental, Associate, and Expert. The Fundamental level of certifications is optional. However, you must pass an Associate level certification before going for the Expert level certifications.
Fundamental level certifications
To achieve the Microsoft 365 Certified Fundamentals certification you will have to pass the MS-900 exam. This certification is ideal for a technical salesperson, IT professional or developer. It covers the basics of Microsoft 365.
Associate Level Certifications
There are six Associate level certifications:
- Modern Desktop Administrator Associate: This certification proves the proficiency of a candidate to deploy, configure, secure, manage, and monitor devices and client applications in an enterprise environment.
- Messaging Administrator Associate: This certification validates the skills required to deploy, configure, manage, and monitor messaging infrastructure, permissions, client access, mail protection, and mail flow in on-premises, hybrid, and cloud enterprise environments.
- Teamwork Administrator Associate: This certification proves that the candidate has all the skills required to configure, deploy, and manage Office 365 workloads.
- Security Administrator Associate: This certification validates the proficiency required to secure Microsoft 365 enterprise and hybrid environments; implement and manage security and compliance solutions; respond to threats, and enforce data governance.
- Teams Administrator Associate: This certification proves that a candidate has the knowledge required to configure, deploy, and manage Office 365 workloads for Microsoft Teams.
- Developer Associate: Microsoft 365 Developers design, build, test, and maintain applications and solutions that are optimized for the productivity of organizations.
Expert Level Certifications
Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert is the only expert-level certification in the Microsoft 365 branch. In order to achieve this certification, you must pass the MS-100 and MS-101 exams.
As you can see there are multiple certification options that are available for you, with one fundamentals level certification, six associate-level certifications, and one expert-level certification. Check out our comprehensive courses and start preparing for your next certification exam with us!