This test requires a thorough knowledge of administrative tasks for managing the database for optimal performance. The candidate appearing in this test should have a sound knowledge of various tools available in Oracle9i for managing different issues in the database. This includes identifying contentions and resolving them through the tools. For this purpose, one should practice the following to a good extent:
- Identifying tuning areas through querying the available views.
- Gathering statistics through available tools, such as STATSPACK.
- Using the available GUI tools, such as Instance Manager to resolve contentions.
- Changing the values of various initialization parameters to monitor the subsequent affect on the system performance.
- Changing the size of various database objects, such as buffers, pools, tablespace, and rollback segments to monitor its affect on the performance of the system.
Pass OCP DBA 9i certification exam in first attempt. Download latest exam simulation, questions, tutorial and study guide for OCP DBA 9i:
- Pass one of the following entry level exams:
- 1Z0-007 Introduction to Oracle9i: SQL
- 1Z0-047 Oracle Database SQL Expert
- 1Z0-051 OCA: Oracle Database 11g-SQL