Creating and Managing Microsoft Windows Services, Serviced Components, .NET Remoting Objects, and XML Web Services
- The SessionID property of the HttpSessionState class identifies an active ASP.NET session by using a unique session ID.
- The Process.Start method is used to start a Windows application and is registered in the system registry on a computer.
- A constructor is used to create an object that is an instance of a class. It has the same name as the class in which it resides.
- A sealed class is a class that cannot be derived from. Sealed classes are primarily used to prevent unintended derivation.
- If a class derives from the ServiceBase class, the OnCustomCommand method is executed when the Service Control Manager (SCM) passes a custom command to the service. This method is used to specify actions when a command with the specified parameter value occurs.
Working with the Photoshop UI
- Photoshop enables you to save the positions of all the open palettes as a workspace.
- To load a preserved workspace, choose Window > Workspace, and select the workspace from the submenu.
- Photoshop lets a user to save the current set of keyboard shortcuts as a workspace.
- The Slide Show view option (View > Slide Show) of the Bridge displays a group of images one by one at full screen.
- The As Details view option (View > As Details) of the Bridge displays a list of thumbnails along with the information about each file in the main viewing area of the Bridge workspace.
- The As Filmstrip view option (View > As Filmstrip) of the Bridge displays thumbnails of files in a scrolling list along with a big preview of the file selected in the list in the main viewing area of the Bridge workspace.
The Servlet Technology Model
- The getWriter() method of the ServletResponse interface returns a PrintWriter object suitable for writing character data in the response.
- The setValue() method of the Cookie class is used to assign a new value to a cookie after the cookie is created.
- A cookie is created by the server on request from a client. It is stored on a client computer.