Configuring Recovery Manager
- The control file, target database catalog, and Recovery catalog is used to store the RMAN’s persistent settings.
- The alert log file is used to find out the values of the changed parameters at the time of instance startup.
- The NLS_LANG parameter must be set to specify the language, territory, and character set used in an application.
- CONFIGURE RETENTION POLICY CLEAR is a command that will configure the retention policy to the default of REDUNDANCY 1.
- CONFIGURE is an RMAN command that configures an RMAN environment.
- The rman target/ command is used to maintain backup copies by connecting to the target database and returns the RMAN prompt to issue further backup commands.
- The redo files are opened after executing the ALTER DATABASE OPEN command on a database when it is in MOUNT mode.
Understanding Globalization Support
Planning and Design of Flash Applications
- The Properties panel/Property inspector enables a user to access various attributes of whatever is currently selected on the stage or in the Timeline.
- The DynamicHeapSize capability specifies the amount of dynamic memory that is allocated to Flash Lite.
- The Align panel controls the space between the objects and the size of the objects in respect of each other.
- The Distribute area of the Align panel spaces the objects according to a common reference point of top, middle or bottom.
- Motion guide layers are special layers that enable a user to draw paths along which the objects can be animated.
Retrieving data using the SQL SELECT statement and using single row functions to customize the output
- /*…*/ and — are used to put comments in an Oracle program.
- The CREATE TABLE does not end immediately with a semicolon, and a column name cannot start with a numeric value. However, a numeric value can be used in between a column name.
- Name of a table cannot start with @ special character.
- Knowing about the GROUP BY clause.
Using sub queries and set operators to solve queries, as well as DDL statements to create and manage tables
- + (unary), – (unary), *, /, ||, =, !=, <, >, <=, >=, IS NULL, LIKE, BETWEEN, IN, NOT, AND, OR is the correct order of operators precedence.
Creating and Managing Microsoft Windows(r) Services, Serviced Components, .NET Remoting Objects, and XML Web Services
- The SessionID property of the HttpSessionState class identifies an active ASP.NET session by using a unique session ID.
- The Process.Start method is used to start a Windows application and is registered in the system registry on a computer.
- The Status property of the ServiceController class specifies the status of the current instance of a Windows service.
- If a class derives from the ServiceBase class, the OnCustomCommand method is executed when the Service Control Manager (SCM) passes a custom command to the service. This method is used to specify actions when a command with the specified parameter value occurs.
- The AutoLog property of the ServiceBase class is used to determine whether or not a service automatically logs the entries in the event log when events such as Start, Stop, Pause, and Continue occur.
- The CreateEventSource method of the EventLog class establishes an application as a valid event source for writing event information to a particular event log on a computer.
- The Imports statement is used to import namespace names from referenced projects and assemblies.
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is an Internet service that helps in transferring files from one computer to another over the Internet.
- Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) is a more secure version of Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP). It provides tunneling, address assignment, and authentication.
- Virtual private network (VPN) uses a tunneling protocol to span public networks, such as the Internet, without security risk. VPN enables remote users to access corporate networks securely by using a tunneling protocol such as PPTP or L2TP.
- TCP/IP is the primary protocol of the Internet.
- SMTP uses port 25 by default.
- Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) is a network maintenance protocol of the TCP/IP protocol suite. It is responsible for the resolution of IP addresses to media access control (MAC) addresses of a network interface card (NIC).
- FTP uses port 20 and 21 by default.
- MIME stands for Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions. It is a standard for multi-part, multimedia electronic mail messages and World Wide Web hypertext documents on the Internet.
- The TCP/IP protocol should be bound to the dial-up adapter for Internet access on a Windows 98 computer.
New Features of Oracle 10g, Oracle 10g Installation, Server Configuration, and Maintenance of the Software
- Memory – 512MB, Temp space – 400MB of free space in the /tmp directory applicable for the Unix operating system, Swap space – 1GB or twice the amount of RAM, Free disk space – 1.5GB are the minimum hardware requirements to install Oracle 10g.
- The Installation Type list box is used to decide the type of installation.
- Oracle Management Agent (OMA) is a centralized administrative tool that is capable of administering the database server and an application server.
- The location (/u01/app/oracle) will be considered as the base of Optimal Flexible Architecture (OFA).
- The password file is used to authenticate the administrative tasks from remote locations.
- An Oracle 10g client can be used to connect to an Oracle 8i or 9i database by using the following syntax: