uCertify uses content from well known publishers, instructors, and subject matter experts. They have a minimum of 15 years of experience in their fields. uCertify brings these textbooks to life. It is full of interactive activities that keeps the learner engaged. uCertify brings all available learning resources for a topic in one place so that the learner can efficiently learn without going to multiple places. Challenge questions are also embedded in the chapters so learners can attempt those while they are learning about that particular topic. This helps them grasp the concepts better because they can go over it again right away which improves learning. Learners can do Flashcards, Exercises, Quizzes and Labs related to each chapter. At the end of every lesson, uCertify courses guide the learners on the path they should follow.
uCertify platform supports 50+ different types of interactive activities, connect the idea, or try it yourself lab activities embedded throughout its course. These interactive activities keeps learners engaged and makes learning fun.
Here's What You Get
Each lesson comes with Exercises, Flashcards & Quizzes. There is no limit to the number of times learners can attempt these. Exercises come with detailed remediation, which ensures that learners are confident on the topic before proceeding. Flashcards help master the key concepts while Glossary defines the key terms.
uCertify course includes videos to help understand concepts. It also includes How Tos that help learners with how to accomplish certain tasks.
Test Prep & Practice Questions
uCertify provides full length practice tests. These tests closely follow the exam objectives and are designed to simulate real exam conditions. Each course has a number of test sets consisting of hundreds of items to ensure that learners are prepared for the certification exam.
Here's What You Get
Each question comes with detailed remediation explaining not only why an answer option is correct but also why the incorrect answer options are incorrect.
Each test can be taken unlimited number of times until the learner feels they are prepared. Learner can review the test and read detailed remediation. Detailed test history is also available.
Each test set comes with learn, test and review modes. In learn mode, learners will attempt a question and will get immediate feedback and complete remediation as they move on to the next question. In test mode, learners can take a timed test simulating the actual exam conditions. In review mode, learners can read through one item at a time without attempting it.
The PRO: Designing Database Solutions and Data Access Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 is part of Microsoft's Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Database Developer 2008 certification which comprises of two exams. It is a required piece to the certification. The certification is targeted at professional involved with designing program and database.
A Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Database Developer 2008 certification has several career opportunities open up to them, including:
- Database Developer
- Database Administrator
Pricing and taxes may vary from country to country.
(on a scale of 0-1000)
In the event that you fail your first attempt at passing the PRO: Designing Database Solutions and Data Access Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 exam, Microsoft's retake policy is:
- If a candidate does not achieve a passing score on an exam the first time, the candidate must wait at least a 24-hour period before retaking the exam.
- If a candidate does not achieve a passing score the second time, the candidate must wait at least a 14-day period before retaking the exam a third time. Click here for more information.
Table of Content
Here's What you will Learn
Lesson 1: Designing a Database Strategy
- Identify which SQL Server components to use to support business requirements
- Design a database model
- Design a data model by using the Entity Framework
- Design an application strategy to support security
- Design a solution by using Service Broker
- Design a Full-Text Search strategy
Lesson 2: Designing Database Tables
- Identify the appropriate usage of new data types
- Design tables
- Design data integrity
Lesson 3: Designing Programming Objects
- Design T-SQL stored procedures
- Design views
- Design T-SQL table-valued and scalar functions
- Design Common Language Runtime (CLR) table-valued and scalar functions
- Design CLR stored procedures, aggregates, and types
- Evaluate special programming constructs
Lesson 4: Designing a Transaction and Concurrency Strategy
- Design the locking granularity level
- Design for implicit and explicit transactions
- Design for concurrency
Lesson 5: Designing an XML Strategy
- Design XML storage
- Design a strategy to query and modify XML data
- Design a query strategy by using FOR XML
- Design a strategy to transform XML into relational data
Lesson 6: Designing Queries for Performance
- Optimize and tune queries
- Analyze execution plans
- Evaluate the use of row-based operations vs. set-based operations
Lesson 7: Designing a Database for Optimal Performance
- Optimize indexing strategies
- Design scalable database solutions
- Resolve performance problems by using plan guides
- Design a table and index compression strategy
- Design a table and index partitioning strategy