MCITP - Designing Database Solutions Using SQL Server 2008
The Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Database Developer 2008 certification is an industry recognized credential. The certification is proof of a person's competence across a spectrum of skills which includes designing programming objects, designing transaction and concurrency strategy, designing XML strategy, etc. uCertify’s guaranteed certification course for 70-451 exam is comprehensive and helps you earn your certification and gain knowledge. Here’s what to expect from your uCertify course:
• 100% Exam Coverage • Interactive E-Book • Pre-Assessment Test • 260 Practice Questions with Full Explanations • 126 Interactive Quizzes • Test History and Performance Review and Powerful Analytics • Study Planner • Continuously Updated
Prepare for the following certifications
The PRO: Designing Database Solutions and Data Access Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 is part of Microsoft's Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Database Developer 2008 certification which comprises of two exams. It is a required piece to the certification. The certification is targeted at professional involved with designing program and database.
- Designing a Database Strategy
- Designing Database Tables
- Designing Programming Objects
- Designing a Transaction and Concurrency Strategy
- Designing an XML Strategy
- Designing Queries for Performance
- Designing a Database for Optimal Performance
70-451 Course Duration
This is a self-paced, independent study program, so there is no minimum or maximum restriction. The amount of time you will take depends on your existing knowledge of the area and related experience, as well as your availability. We recommend at least 2 to 3 weeks if you have a reasonable amount of SQL Server 2008 knowledge. You should plan on devoting 2-3 hours every day.
Authored by Industry Experts
uCertify uses content from the finest publishers and only the IT industry's finest instructors. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields. Unlike a live class, you can study at your own pace. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefits of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
Exercises, Quizzes & Flashcards
uCertify's exercises, quizzes and flashcards prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes, flashcards and exercises after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding. This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course.
Practice Test Sets
uCertify courses also include full length practice test sets designed to test your knowledge under real exam conditions. Each course has a number of test sets consisting of hundreds of items to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
Online labs to supplement your training. uCertify labs are an inexpensive & safe way to explore and learn. uCertify labs are versatile - labs simulate real-world, hardware, software & command line interface environments and can be mapped to any text-book, course & training.
State of the Art Educator Tools
uCertify knows the importance of instructors and provide tools to help them do their job effectively. Instructors are able to clone and customize course, do ability grouping, create sections, design grade scale and grade formula, create and schedule assignments. Educators can also move a student from self-paced to mentor-guided to instructor-led mode in three clicks.
Award Winning Learning Platform (LMS)
uCertify has developed an award winning, highly interactive yet simple to use platform. uCertify understands that it is critical to help student focus on learning the subject and not learning the LMS. uCertify helps student retain and recall the knowledge by teaching students using interactive exercises. Features such as actionable analytics and study planner help in keeping students focused.
70-451 Course/Exam Objectives
- Chapter 1: Designing a Database Strategy
- Identify which SQL Server components to use to support business requirements
- Design a database model
- Design a data model by using the Entity Framework
- Design an application strategy to support security
- Design a solution by using Service Broker
- Design a Full-Text Search strategy
- Chapter 2: Designing Database Tables
- Identify the appropriate usage of new data types
- Design tables
- Design data integrity
- Chapter 3: Designing Programming Objects
- Design T-SQL stored procedures
- Design views
- Design T-SQL table-valued and scalar functions
- Design Common Language Runtime (CLR) table-valued and scalar functions
- Design CLR stored procedures, aggregates, and types
- Evaluate special programming constructs
- Chapter 4: Designing a Transaction and Concurrency Strategy
- Design the locking granularity level
- Design for implicit and explicit transactions
- Design for concurrency
- Chapter 5: Designing an XML Strategy
- Design XML storage
- Design a strategy to query and modify XML data
- Design a query strategy by using FOR XML
- Design a strategy to transform XML into relational data
- Chapter 6: Designing Queries for Performance
- Optimize and tune queries
- Analyze execution plans
- Evaluate the use of row-based operations vs. set-based operations
- Chapter 7: Designing a Database for Optimal Performance
- Optimize indexing strategies
- Design scalable database solutions
- Resolve performance problems by using plan guides
- Design a table and index compression strategy
- Design a table and index partitioning strategy
- Database Developer
- Database Administrator
- If a candidate does not achieve a passing score on an exam the first time, the candidate must wait at least a 24-hour period before retaking the exam.
- If a candidate does not achieve a passing score the second time, the candidate must wait at least a 14-day period before retaking the exam a third time. Clickhere for more information.
A Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Database Developer 2008 certification has several career opportunities open up to them, including:
70-451 Exam FAQs
Pricing and taxes may vary from country to country.
The MCITP - Designing Database Solutions Using SQL Server 2008 is administered by Prometric and Pearson VUE at testing centers worldwide.
(on a scale of 0-1000)
In the event that you fail your first attempt at passing the PRO: Designing Database Solutions and Data Access Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 exam, Microsoft's retake policy is:
At a Glance
|70-451 Course Includes||Free||Buy|
Overall Customer Rating!
4.6 out of 5 Pass Ratio: 97.23%.
9 out of 10 customers who purchased this course would recommend the product to their friends.
Our Customers are talking!
Thanks to uCertify for help me out in preparation in such a short timeJacob Jwels
I have enjoyed the materials and am learning a lot from them. I do believe that this has been great to learn the materials.Dave
Thank you again for the materials.