CISM - Certified Information Security Manager
The ISACA's CISM certification is an industry recognized credential. The certification is proof of a person's competence across a spectrum of skills to design, build and manage enterprise information security. uCertify’s guaranteed certification course for CISM exam is comprehensive and helps you earn your certification and gain knowledge. Here’s what to expect from your uCertify course:
• 100% Exam Coverage • Interactive E-Book • Pre-Assessment • 530 Practice Questions with Full Explanations • 115 Interactive Quizzes • Test History and Performance Review and Powerful Analytics • Study Planner • Continuously Updated
Prepare for the following certification
The CISM exam is a standalone certification from ISACA with the exam code CISM.
The certification is targeted at professionals who manage designs, oversees and assesses an enterprise's information security. The CISM program is developed particularly for experienced information security managers and those who have information security management responsibilities. Individuals earning the CISM certification become part of a best peer network, attaining a one-of-a-kind credential. Those who hold this designation join a network of professionals known for their expertise in information security management, IT governance and risk management.
- Understand information security governance
- Manage the risk related information
- Develop the information security program
- Manage the information security program
- Responding to incident management
CISM Course Duration
This is a self-paced, independent study program, so there are no minimum or maximum restrictions placed by uCertify. The amount of time you will take depends on your existing knowledge of the area and related experience, as well as your availability. We recommend at least 2-3 weeks if you have a reasonable amount of knowledge to design, build and manage enterprise information security and work experience.
Authored by Industry Experts
uCertify uses content from the finest publishers and only the IT industry's finest instructors. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields. Unlike a live class, you can study at your own pace. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefits of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
Exercises, Quizzes & Flashcards
uCertify's exercises, quizzes and flashcards prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes, flashcards and exercises after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding. This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course.
Practice Test Sets
uCertify courses also include full length practice test sets designed to test your knowledge under real exam conditions. Each course has a number of test sets consisting of hundreds of items to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
Online labs to supplement your training. uCertify labs are an inexpensive & safe way to explore and learn. uCertify labs are versatile - labs simulate real-world, hardware, software & command line interface environments and can be mapped to any text-book, course & training.
State of the Art Educator Tools
uCertify knows the importance of instructors and provide tools to help them do their job effectively. Instructors are able to clone and customize course, do ability grouping, create sections, design grade scale and grade formula, create and schedule assignments. Educators can also move a student from self-paced to mentor-guided to instructor-led mode in three clicks.
Award Winning Learning Platform (LMS)
uCertify has developed an award winning, highly interactive yet simple to use platform. uCertify understands that it is critical to help student focus on learning the subject and not learning the LMS. uCertify helps student retain and recall the knowledge by teaching students using interactive exercises. Features such as actionable analytics and study planner help in keeping students focused.
CISM Course/Exam Objectives
- Lesson 1: Information Security Governance
- Security Strategy
- Information Security Governance framework
- Integrating security governance into corporate governance
- Security Policies: standards, procedures, and guidelines
- Business cases to support investments
- Internal and external influences on information security strategy
- Management and other stakeholder commitment
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Measuring the effectiveness of the information security strategy
- Lesson 2: Information Risk Management and Compliance
- Information asset classification
- Risk management, assessments, vulnerability assessments and threat analyses
- Risk treatment options
- Manage risk of noncompliance
- Information security controls
- Current and desired risk levels: Gap analysis
- Monitoring risk
- Lesson 3: Information Security Program Development and Management
- Alignment of IS program with information security strategy
- Information security manager's role and responsibilities in alignment
- Information security frameworks
- Information security architectures
- Evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of the IS program
- Integrating the IS program with IT processes
- Integrating the IS program into contracts and activities of third parties
- Controls and countermeasures
- Security Program Metrics and Monitoring
- Lesson 4: Information Security Incident Management
- Organizational definition and severity hierarchy for security incidents
- Incident response plan
- Processes for timely identification
- Testing and review
- Investigating and documenting information security incidents
- Integration of incident response plan, disaster recovery plan and business continuity plan
An ISACA's CISM Certified Professional has several career opportunities open up to them, including:
- Information Security Consultant
- Information Security Manager
- Senior Security Consultant
- Senior Security Analyst
CISM Exam FAQs
- ISACA Member: USD 535
- ISACA Non-Member: USD 710
The net price for taking CISM certification test is between (US $415-US $465) for ISACA members. For the non-members, it is between (US $545- US $595). Net price does not include applicable taxes, vouchers, promotions you may have. Click here to get information on exam fees.
ISACA has the following pre-requisites for CISM:
- Attain and report an annual minimum of twenty (20) CPE hours. These hours must be appropriate to the currency or advancement of the CISM's knowledge or ability to perform CISM-related tasks. The use of these hours towards meeting the CPE requirements for multiple ISACA certifications is permissible when the professional activity is applicable to satisfying the job-related knowledge of each certification.
- Submit annual CPE maintenance fees to ISACA International Headquarters in full.
- Attain and report a minimum of one hundred and twenty (120) CPE hours for a three-year reporting period.
- Submit required documentation of CPE activities if selected for the annual audit.
- Comply with ISACA's Code of Professional Ethics.
(on a scale of 450-800)
In the event that you fail your first attempt at passing the CISM certification, ISACAs retake policy is:
- A candidate receiving a score of less than 450 has not passed and can retake the exam by registering and paying the appropriate exam fee for any future exam administration.
- A candidate receiving a score of less than 450 has is not considered to be passed and can retake the exam during any future exam administration. To assist with future study, the results letter each candidate receives will include a score analysis by content area. There are no limits to the number of times a candidate can take the exam.
At a Glance
|CISM Course Includes||Free||Buy|