1Z0-043 - Oracle Database 10g: Administration II
Retired. This product is no longer available.
The Oracle Database 10g: Administration II exam is a mandatory part of Oracle's 10g DBA OCP certification.
This exam takes DBAs beyond a basic understanding of their Oracle environment and focuses on more advanced skills required to effectively configure, administer, monitor and tune Oracle 10g databases within a large-scale enterprise.
uCertify uses content from well known publishers, instructors, and subject matter experts. They have a minimum of 15 years of experience in their fields. uCertify brings these textbooks to life. It is full of interactive activities that keeps the learner engaged. uCertify brings all available learning resources for a topic in one place so that the learner can efficiently learn without going to multiple places. Challenge questions are also embedded in the chapters so learners can attempt those while they are learning about that particular topic. This helps them grasp the concepts better because they can go over it again right away which improves learning. Learners can do Flashcards, Exercises, Quizzes and Labs related to each chapter. At the end of every lesson, uCertify courses guide the learners on the path they should follow.
uCertify platform supports 50+ different types of interactive activities, connect the idea, or try it yourself lab activities embedded throughout its course. These interactive activities keeps learners engaged and makes learning fun.
Here's What You Get
Each lesson comes with Exercises, Flashcards & Quizzes. There is no limit to the number of times learners can attempt these. Exercises come with detailed remediation, which ensures that learners are confident on the topic before proceeding. Flashcards help master the key concepts while Glossary defines the key terms.
Here's What you will Learn
Lesson 1: Using Globalization Support Objectives
- Customize language-dependent behavior for the database and individual sessions.
- Specify different linguistic sorts for queries.
- Use datatime datatypes
- Query data using case insensitive and accent insensitive searches
- Obtain Globalization support configuration information
Lesson 2: Configuring Recovery Manager
- Configure database parameters that affect RMAN operations
- Change RMAN default settings with CONFIGURE
- Manage RMAN s persistent settings
- Start RMAN utility and allocate channels
Lesson 3: Recovering from User Errors
- Recover a dropped table using Flashback technology
- Perform Flashback table operation
- Manage the recycle bin
- Recover from user errors using Flashback versions query
- Perform transaction level recovery using Flashback Transaction query
Lesson 4: Dealing with Database Corruption
- Define block corruption and list its causes and symptoms
- Detect database corruptions using the following utilities: ANALYZE DBVERIFY
- Detect database corruptions using the dbms_repair package
- Implement the DB_BLOCK_CHECKING parameter to detect corruptions
- Repair corruptions using RMAN
Lesson 5: Automatic Database Management
- Use the Database Advisors to gather information about your database
- Use the SQL Tuning Advisor to improve database performance
- Use automatic undo retention tuning
Lesson 6: Using Recovery Manager
- Use the RMAN BACKUP command to create backup sets and image copies
- Enable block change tracking
- Manage the backups and image copies taken with RMAN with the LIST and REPORT commands.
Lesson 7: Recovering from Non-Critical Losses
- Recover temporary tablespaces
- Recover a redo log group member
- Recover index tablespaces
- Recover read-only tablespaces
- Recreate the password file
Lesson 8: Monitoring and Managing Storage
- Tune redo writing and archiving operations
- Issue statements that can be suspended upon encountering space condition errors
- Reduce space-related error conditions by proactively managing tablespace usage
- Reclaim wasted space from tables and indexes using the segment shrink functionality.
- Estimate the size of new table and indexes
- Use different storage options to improve the performance of queries
- Rebuild indexes online
Lesson 9: Automatic Storage Management
- Set up initialization parameter files for ASM and database instances
- Execute SQL commands with ASM file names
- Start up and shut down ASM instances
- Administer ASM disk groups
- Use RMAN to migrate your database to ASM
Lesson 10: Monitoring and Managing Memory
- Implement Automatic Shared Memory Management
- Manually configure SGA parameters for various memory components in the SGA
- Use Automatic PGA Memory Management
Lesson 11: Database Recovery
- Recover the control file
- Explain reasons for incomplete recovery
- Perform incomplete recovery using EM
- Perform incomplete recovery using RMAN
- Perform incomplete recovery using SQL
- Perform database recovery following a RESETLOGS operation
Lesson 12: Flashback Database
- Determine which flashback technology to use for each recovery situation
- Configure and use Flashback Database
- Monitor the Flashback Database
- Use the Enterprise Manager Recovery Wizard to flashback database
- Manage (or maintain) the Flash Recovery Area
Lesson 13: Managing Resources
- Configure the Resource Manager
- Assign users to Resource Manager groups
- Create resource plans within groups
- Specify directives for allocating resources to consumer groups
Lesson 14: Automating Tasks with the Scheduler
- Simplify management tasks by using the Scheduler
- Create a job, program, schedule, and window
- Reuse Scheduler components for similar tasks
- View information about job executions and job instances
Test Prep & Practice Questions
uCertify provides full length practice tests. These tests closely follow the exam objectives and are designed to simulate real exam conditions. Each course has a number of test sets consisting of hundreds of items to ensure that learners are prepared for the certification exam.
Here's What You Get
Each question comes with detailed remediation explaining not only why an answer option is correct but also why the incorrect answer options are incorrect.
Each test can be taken unlimited number of times until the learner feels they are prepared. Learner can review the test and read detailed remediation. Detailed test history is also available.
Each test set comes with learn, test and review modes. In learn mode, learners will attempt a question and will get immediate feedback and complete remediation as they move on to the next question. In test mode, learners can take a timed test simulating the actual exam conditions. In review mode, learners can read through one item at a time without attempting it.
The Oracle Database 10g: Administration II exam is part of Oracle's DBA OCP 10g certification. It is a required piece to the certification. There are four steps required forthe Oracle Database 10g Administrator Certified Professional certification. You should have Oracle Database 10g Administrator Certified Associate certification before taking this certification, then you need to complete one of the approved advanced courses as mentioned by Oracle , pass 1Z0-043 exam, and the last step is to completethe Course Submission Form.
These steps can be completed in any order but the stipulated courses and certification exams must be passed before completing Oracle's course Submission Form.
An Oracle 10g DBA OCP certified professional has several career opportunities open up to them, including:
- Database Administrators
- Pre-Sales Consultants
- Support Engineers
- Technical Consultants
Pricing may vary slightly by country or by localized currency.
Oracle requires the following training and certifications to earn the Oracle Database 10g Administrator Certified Professional certification, which is the last technical requirement. Two other courses/certifications that must be completed before the Oracle Database 10g Administrator Certified Professional title can be earned are:
- Passing the Oracle Database 10g Administrator Certified Associate
- Completing an approved advanced course
(on a scale of 0-1000)
In the event that you fail your first attempt at passing the 1Z0-043 exam, Oracle's retake policy is:
- You must wait at least 14 days before retaking a failed proctored exam
- Passed exams and Beta exams cannot be re-taken
- Candidates may retake an online non-proctored exam (1Z0-007, 1Z0-051, 1Z0-200 and 1Z0-204) at any time