MCTS/MCPD - VB .NET Framework 4, Windows Communication Foundation Development
The Microsoft 70-513-VB certification is an industry recognized credential. The certification is proof of a person's competence across a spectrum of skills for developing applications using Windows Communication Foundation and the .NET Framework 4. uCertify’s guaranteed certification course for 70-513-VB exam is comprehensive and helps you earn your certification and gain knowledge. Here’s what to expect from your uCertify course:
• 100% Exam Coverage • Interactive E-Book • Pre-Assessment Test • 179 Practice Questions with Full Explanations • 112 Interactive Quizzes • Test History and Performance Review and Powerful Analytics • Study Planner • Continuously Updated
Prepare for the following certifications
The MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Service Communication Applications is a standalone certification from Microsoft with the exam code 70-513-VB. The exam 70-513-VB counts as credit towards MCPD: Windows Developer 4 and MCPD: Web Developer 4.
The exam is targeted at developers who work in the environment that uses Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4 to build distributed applications.The questions will be presented at VB language. The exam covers the various Web and Windows client applications service-oriented applications (SOA) using WCF and more.
- Creating Services
- Securing Services
- Hosting and Configuring Services
- Consuming Services
- Managing the Service Instance Life Cycle
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Distributed Systems
70-513-VB Course Duration
This is a self-paced, independent study program, so there are no minimum or maximum restrictions placed by uCertify. The amount of time you will take depends on your existing knowledge of the area and related experience, as well as your availability. We recommend at least 3 weeks and you should have familiar with Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)based applications and have some work related experience.
Authored by Industry Experts
uCertify uses content from the finest publishers and only the IT industry's finest instructors. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields. Unlike a live class, you can study at your own pace. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefits of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
Exercises, Quizzes & Flashcards
uCertify's exercises, quizzes and flashcards prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes, flashcards and exercises after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding. This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course.
Practice Test Sets
uCertify courses also include full length practice test sets designed to test your knowledge under real exam conditions. Each course has a number of test sets consisting of hundreds of items to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
Online labs to supplement your training. uCertify labs are an inexpensive & safe way to explore and learn. uCertify labs are versatile - labs simulate real-world, hardware, software & command line interface environments and can be mapped to any text-book, course & training.
State of the Art Educator Tools
uCertify knows the importance of instructors and provide tools to help them do their job effectively. Instructors are able to clone and customize course, do ability grouping, create sections, design grade scale and grade formula, create and schedule assignments. Educators can also move a student from self-paced to mentor-guided to instructor-led mode in three clicks.
Award Winning Learning Platform (LMS)
uCertify has developed an award winning, highly interactive yet simple to use platform. uCertify understands that it is critical to help student focus on learning the subject and not learning the LMS. uCertify helps student retain and recall the knowledge by teaching students using interactive exercises. Features such as actionable analytics and study planner help in keeping students focused.
70-513-VB Course/Exam Objectives
- Chapter 1: Creating Services (20%)
- Create service and operation contracts.
- Create data contracts
- Create message contracts
- Implement generic message handling
- Implement RESTful services.
- Create and configure a Routing service.
- Create and configure a Discovery service.
- Chapter 2: Hosting and Configuring Services (18%)
- Create and configure endpoints.
- Configure Behaviors.
- Implement self hosting.
- Implement Web server hosting.
- Chapter 3: Consuming Services
- Create a service proxy.
- Configure client endpoints.
- Invoke a service.
- Consume RESTful services.
- Implement service Discovery.
- Chapter 4: Securing Services (17%)
- Configure secure Bindings.
- Configure message security.
- Implement Authentication.
- Implement Authorization.
- Implement Impersonation.
- Implement security auditing.
- Chapter 5: Managing Service Instance Life Cycle (13%)
- Manage service instances.
- Manage sessions.
- Implement transactions.
- Manage concurrency.
- Manage consistency between instances, sessions, transactions, and concurrency.
- Chapter 6: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Distributed Systems (14%)
- Configure message logging.
- Configure diagnostics.
- Debug client-service interactions.
A MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Service Communication Applications certified professional has several career opportunities open up to them, including:
- Software Developer
- Application Developer
- Windows Developer
- Enterprise Developer
70-513-VB Exam FAQs
Net price does not include applicable taxes, vouchers, promotions or membership discounts you may have. The exam is subsidized in India and China. The net price for taking test in India and China is US$80.
(on a scale of 0-1000)
In the event that you fail your first attempt at passing the Windows Communication Foundation Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 exam, Microsoft's retake policy is:
- Retake vouchers can only be used to retake the same exam that was failed.
- All vouchers must be used prior to their expiration dates, without exception.
- Retake vouchers must be used within 30 days of the initial failed exam.
- There is no waiting period for retaking a failed MCTS exam.
At a Glance
|70-513-VB Course Includes||Free||Buy|