70-444 - SQL Server 2005 - Optimizing and Maintaining
uCertify uses content from well known publishers, instructors, and subject matter experts. They have a minimum of 15 years of experience in their fields. uCertify brings these textbooks to life. It is full of interactive activities that keeps the learner engaged. uCertify brings all available learning resources for a topic in one place so that the learner can efficiently learn without going to multiple places. Challenge questions are also embedded in the chapters so learners can attempt those while they are learning about that particular topic. This helps them grasp the concepts better because they can go over it again right away which improves learning. Learners can do Flashcards, Exercises, Quizzes and Labs related to each chapter. At the end of every lesson, uCertify courses guide the learners on the path they should follow.
uCertify platform supports 50+ different types of interactive activities, connect the idea, or try it yourself lab activities embedded throughout its course. These interactive activities keeps learners engaged and makes learning fun.
Here's What You Get
Each lesson comes with Exercises, Flashcards & Quizzes. There is no limit to the number of times learners can attempt these. Exercises come with detailed remediation, which ensures that learners are confident on the topic before proceeding. Flashcards help master the key concepts while Glossary defines the key terms.
Here's What you will Learn
- Troubleshoot physical server performance.
- Troubleshoot instance performance.
- Troubleshoot database performance.
- Troubleshoot and maintain query performance.
- Troubleshoot concurrency issues.
- Diagnose the causes of failures including databa...ysical server failures, and SQL server failures.
- Plan for fault tolerance.
- Recover from a failure of SQL server 2005.
- Recover from a database disaster.
- Salvage good data from a damaged database.
- Define and implement monitoring standards for a physical server.
- Choose appropriate information to monitor.
- Create and implement a maintenance strategy for database servers.
- Design a database maintenance plan.
- Design a strategy to manage reporting services.
- Design and maintain SQL server integration services package.
- Enforce data quality according to business requirements.
- Design data integrity.
- Design a strategy to manage data across linked servers.
- Design a strategy to manage replication.
- Optimize a database control strategy to meet business requirements.
- Perform a security audit of the existing security infrastructure based on the security plan.
- Maintain a server level security strategy.
- Maintain a user level security strategy.
- Prepare for and respond to threats and attacks.
Test Prep & Practice Questions
uCertify provides full length practice tests. These tests closely follow the exam objectives and are designed to simulate real exam conditions. Each course has a number of test sets consisting of hundreds of items to ensure that learners are prepared for the certification exam.
Here's What You Get
Each question comes with detailed remediation explaining not only why an answer option is correct but also why the incorrect answer options are incorrect.
Each test can be taken unlimited number of times until the learner feels they are prepared. Learner can review the test and read detailed remediation. Detailed test history is also available.
Each test set comes with learn, test and review modes. In learn mode, learners will attempt a question and will get immediate feedback and complete remediation as they move on to the next question. In test mode, learners can take a timed test simulating the actual exam conditions. In review mode, learners can read through one item at a time without attempting it.
The MCITP certification exam is a standalone certification from Microsoft with the exam code 70-444. The certification is targeted at professional database administrators who optimize and maintain database solutions. They have three or more years dedicated to database work, which may include two or more of the following phases in the product lifecycle: design, development, deployment, optimization, maintenance, or support. The typical work environment is an enterprise or a medium-sized organization. Candidates should be experienced in using Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
A MCITP certified professional has several career opportunities open up to them, including:
- Database Developer
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist
- Microsoft certified IT Professional
Net price does not include applicable taxes, vouchers, promotions or membership discounts you may have. The exam is subsidized in India and China. The net price for taking test in India and China is US$80.
(on a scale of 0-1000)
In the event that you fail your first attempt at passing the MCITP certification examination, Microsoft's retake policy is:
- If a candidate does not achieve a passing score on an exam the first time, the candidate must wait at least a 24-hour period before retaking the exam.
- If a candidate does not achieve a passing score the second time, the candidate must wait at least a 14-day period before retaking the exam a third time.
- A 14-day waiting period will also be imposed for the fourth and fifth subsequent exam retakes. A candidate may not take a given exam any more than five times per year. This 12-month period would start the day of the fifth unsuccessful exam retake. The candidate would then be eligible to retake the exam 12 months from that date. In order to take a given exam more than five times per year, a candidate must submit a request and obtain prior permission from Microsoft.
- If a candidate achieves a passing score on an exam, the candidate cannot take it again.