SQL Server 2005 - Optimizing and Maintaining
The Microsoft's MCITP certification is an industry recognized credential. The certification is proof of a person's competence across a spectrum of skills to design, develop, deploy, optimize, maintain, or support. uCertify’s guaranteed certification course for 70-444 exam is comprehensive and helps you earn your certification and gain knowledge. Here’s what to expect from your uCertify course:
• 100% Exam Coverage • Interactive E-Book • Pre-Assessment Test • 177 Practice Questions with Full Explanations • 110 Interactive Quizzes • Test History and Performance Review and Powerful Analytics • Study Planner • Continuously Updated
Prepare for the following certifications
The MCITP certification exam is a standalone certification from Microsoft with the exam code 70-444. The certification is targeted at professional database administrators who optimize and maintain database solutions. They have three or more years dedicated to database work, which may include two or more of the following phases in the product lifecycle: design, development, deployment, optimization, maintenance, or support. The typical work environment is an enterprise or a medium-sized organization. Candidates should be experienced in using Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
- Optimizing the Performance of Database Servers and Databases
- Optimizing and Implementing a Data Recovery Plan for a Database
- Designing a Strategy to Monitor and Maintain a Database Solution
- Designing a Database Data Management Strategy
- Designing a Strategy to Manage and Maintain Database Security
70-444 Course Duration
This is a self-paced, independent study program, so there are no minimum or maximum restrictions placed by uCertify. The amount of time you will take depends on your existing knowledge of the area and related experience, as well as your availability. We recommend at least 2-3 weeks if you have a reasonable amount of knowledge to design, development, deployment, optimization, maintenance, or support.
Authored by Industry Experts
uCertify uses content from the finest publishers and only the IT industry's finest instructors. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields. Unlike a live class, you can study at your own pace. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefits of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
Exercises, Quizzes & Flashcards
uCertify's exercises, quizzes and flashcards prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes, flashcards and exercises after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding. This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course.
Practice Test Sets
uCertify courses also include full length practice test sets designed to test your knowledge under real exam conditions. Each course has a number of test sets consisting of hundreds of items to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
Online labs to supplement your training. uCertify labs are an inexpensive & safe way to explore and learn. uCertify labs are versatile - labs simulate real-world, hardware, software & command line interface environments and can be mapped to any text-book, course & training.
State of the Art Educator Tools
uCertify knows the importance of instructors and provide tools to help them do their job effectively. Instructors are able to clone and customize course, do ability grouping, create sections, design grade scale and grade formula, create and schedule assignments. Educators can also move a student from self-paced to mentor-guided to instructor-led mode in three clicks.
Award Winning Learning Platform (LMS)
uCertify has developed an award winning, highly interactive yet simple to use platform. uCertify understands that it is critical to help student focus on learning the subject and not learning the LMS. uCertify helps student retain and recall the knowledge by teaching students using interactive exercises. Features such as actionable analytics and study planner help in keeping students focused.
70-444 Course/Exam Objectives
- Chapter 1: Optimizing the performance of database servers and databases
- Troubleshoot physical server performance.
- Troubleshoot instance performance.
- Troubleshoot database performance.
- Troubleshoot and maintain query performance.
- Troubleshoot concurrency issues.
- Chapter 2: Optimizing and implementing a data recovery plan
- Diagnose the causes of failures including databa...ysical server failures, and SQL server failures.
- Plan for fault tolerance.
- Recover from a failure of SQL server 2005.
- Recover from a database disaster.
- Salvage good data from a damaged database.
- Chapter 3: Designing a strategy to monitor and maintain a database solution
- Define and implement monitoring standards for a physical server.
- Choose appropriate information to monitor.
- Create and implement a maintenance strategy for database servers.
- Design a database maintenance plan.
- Design a strategy to manage reporting services.
- Chapter 4: Designing a database data management strategy
- Design and maintain SQL server integration services package.
- Enforce data quality according to business requirements.
- Design data integrity.
- Design a strategy to manage data across linked servers.
- Design a strategy to manage replication.
- Optimize a database control strategy to meet business requirements.
- Chapter 5: Designing a strategy to manage and maintain database security
- Perform a security audit of the existing security infrastructure based on the security plan.
- Maintain a server level security strategy.
- Maintain a user level security strategy.
- Prepare for and respond to threats and attacks.
- Database Developer
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist
- Microsoft certified IT Professional
- If a candidate does not achieve a passing score on an exam the first time, the candidate must wait at least a 24-hour period before retaking the exam.
- If a candidate does not achieve a passing score the second time, the candidate must wait at least a 14-day period before retaking the exam a third time.
- A 14-day waiting period will also be imposed for the fourth and fifth subsequent exam retakes. A candidate may not take a given exam any more than five times per year. This 12-month period would start the day of the fifth unsuccessful exam retake. The candidate would then be eligible to retake the exam 12 months from that date. In order to take a given exam more than five times per year, a candidate must submit a request and obtain prior permission from Microsoft.
- If a candidate achieves a passing score on an exam, the candidate cannot take it again.
A MCITP certified professional has several career opportunities open up to them, including:
70-444 Exam FAQs
Pricing and taxes may vary from country to country.
(on a scale of 0-1000)
In the event that you fail your first attempt at passing the MCITP certification examination, Microsoft's retake policy is:
At a Glance
|70-444 Course Includes||Free||Buy|
|Total Questions (inc. quizzes)||30||177|