PRO: Designing a Database Server Infrastructure by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005
The Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Database Administrator certification is an industry recognized credential. The certification is proof of a person's competence across a spectrum of skills including optimizing and maintaining database solutions. They have experience in database work, which may include two or more of the following phases in the product lifecycle: design, development, deployment, optimization, maintenance, or support. uCertify’s guaranteed certification course for 70-443 exam is comprehensive and helps you earn your certification and gain knowledge. Here’s what to expect from your uCertify course:
• 100% Exam Coverage • Interactive E-Book • Pre-Assessment • 102 Practice Questions with Full Explanations • 109 Interactive Quizzes • Test History and Performance Review and Powerful Analytics • Study Planner • Continuously Updated
Prepare for the following certifications
The certification is targeted at Database Administrators involved with installing or configuring Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and managing or maintaining databases or multidimensional databases. The exam covers how to define high-availability solutions, automate administrative tasks, define security solutions, monitor and troubleshoot the database server, design and execute deployments, define the infrastructure.
- Designing a Database Server Infrastructure
- Designing Security for a Database Server Solution
- Designing a Physical Database
- Designing a Database Solution for High Availability
- Designing a Data Recovery Solution for a Database
- Designing a Strategy for Data Archiving
- The OSI reference model
- Network Management.
- Network Security
70-443 Course Duration
This is a self-paced, independent study program, so there is no minimum or maximum restriction. The amount of time you will take depends on your existing knowledge of the area and related experience, as well as your availability. We recommend at least 2 to 3 weeks if you have a reasonable amount of Microsoft SQL Server 2005. You should plan on devoting 2-3 hours every day.
Authored by Industry Experts
uCertify uses content from the finest publishers and only the IT industry's finest instructors. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields. Unlike a live class, you can study at your own pace. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefits of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
Exercises, Quizzes & Flashcards
uCertify's exercises, quizzes and flashcards prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes, flashcards and exercises after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding. This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course.
Practice Test Sets
uCertify courses also include full length practice test sets designed to test your knowledge under real exam conditions. Each course has a number of test sets consisting of hundreds of items to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
Online labs to supplement your training. uCertify labs are an inexpensive & safe way to explore and learn. uCertify labs are versatile - labs simulate real-world, hardware, software & command line interface environments and can be mapped to any text-book, course & training.
State of the Art Educator Tools
uCertify knows the importance of instructors and provide tools to help them do their job effectively. Instructors are able to clone and customize course, do ability grouping, create sections, design grade scale and grade formula, create and schedule assignments. Educators can also move a student from self-paced to mentor-guided to instructor-led mode in three clicks.
Award Winning Learning Platform (LMS)
uCertify has developed an award winning, highly interactive yet simple to use platform. uCertify understands that it is critical to help student focus on learning the subject and not learning the LMS. uCertify helps student retain and recall the knowledge by teaching students using interactive exercises. Features such as actionable analytics and study planner help in keeping students focused.
70-443 Course/Exam Objectives
- Lesson 1: Designing a Database Server Infrastructure
- Design for capacity requirements.
- Specify software versions and hardware configurations.
- Design physical storage.
- Design instances.
- Design a database consolidation strategy.
- Lesson 2: Design Security for a Database Server Solution
- Analyze business requirements.
- Integrate database security with enterprise-level authentication systems.
- Develop Microsoft Windows server-level security policies.
- Modify the security design based on the impact of network security policies.
- Analyze the risk of attacks to the server environment and specify mitigations.
- Design SQL Server service-level security.
- Design database-level security.
- Design object-level security.
- Lesson 3: Designing a Physical Database
- Modify an existing database design based on performance and business requirements.
- Design tables.
- Design file groups.
- Design index usage.
- Design views.
- Create database conventions and standards.
- Create database change control procedures.
- Lesson 4: Design a Database Solution for High Availability
- Select high-availability technologies based on business requirements.
- Develop a strategy for migration to a highly available environment.
- Design a highly available database storage solution.
- Design a database-clustering solution.
- Design database mirroring.
- Design a high-availability solution that is based on replication.
- Design log shipping.
- Lesson 5: Design a Data Recovery Solution for a Database
- Specify data recovery technologies based on business requirements.
- Design backup strategies.
- Create a disaster recovery plan.
- Lesson 6: Designing a Strategy for Data Archiving
- Select archiving techniques based on business requirements.
- Design the format of archival data.
- Specify what data to archive.
- Plan for data archival and access.
- Design the topology of replication for archiving data.
- Design the type of replication for archiving data.
A Microsoft MCITP: Databse Administrator certified professional has several career opportunities open up to them, including:
- Database Administrators
- Database Developers
- Application Developers
70-443 Exam FAQs
Pricing and taxes may vary from country to country.
(on a scale of 0-1000)
In the event that you fail your first attempt at passing the MCITP certification, Microsoft's retake policy is:
- If a candidate does not achieve a passing score on an exam the first time, he must wait at least a 24-hour period before retaking the exam.
- If a candidate does not achieve a passing score the second time, the candidate must wait at least a 14-day period before retaking the exam a third time.
- A 14-day waiting period will also be imposed for the fourth and fifth subsequent exam retakes.
- A candidate may not take a given exam any more than five times per year (12 months). This 12-month period would start the day of the fifth unsuccessful exam retake.
- The candidate would then be eligible to retake the exam 12 months from that date. In order to take a given exam more than five times per year, a candidate must submit a request and obtain prior permission from Microsoft.
At a Glance
|70-443 Course Includes||Free||Buy|