GCIH - Incident Handler
The GIAC Certified Incident Handler certification is an industry recognized vendor-neutral credential. The certification is proof of a person's competence across a spectrum of skills including Security incidents by understanding common attack techniques, vectors and tools as well as defending against and/or responding to such attacks when they occur. The GCIH certification focuses on detecting, responding, and resolving computer security incidents. uCertify’s guaranteed certification course for exam is comprehensive and helps you earn your certification and gain knowledge. Here’s what to expect from your uCertify course:
• 100% Exam Coverage • Interactive E-Book • Pre-Assessment • 330 Practice Questions with Full Explanations • 158 Interactive Quizzes • Test History and Performance Review and Powerful Analytics • Study Planner • Continuously Updated
Prepare for the following certification
The GIAC Certified Incident Handler certification exam is a standalone certification from GCIA with the exam code GCIH.
The certification is targeted at those candidates who want to enhance their skills in various fields of incident handling such as, understanding of the current threats to systems and networks, along with effective countermeasures, etc. This GIAC GCIH exam covers the knowledge and skills to manage incidents to understand common attack techniques and tools and to defend against or respond to such attacks when they occur.
This is a self-paced, independent study program, so there are no minimum or maximum restrictions placed by uCertify. The amount of time you will take depends on your existing knowledge of the area and related experience, as well as your availability. We recommend at least 3 weeks if you have a reasonable amount of knowledge of lower level concepts of incident handling.
Authored by Industry Experts
uCertify uses content from the finest publishers and only the IT industry's finest instructors. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields. Unlike a live class, you can study at your own pace. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefits of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
Exercises, Quizzes & Flashcards
uCertify's exercises, quizzes and flashcards prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes, flashcards and exercises after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding. This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course.
Practice Test Sets
uCertify courses also include full length practice test sets designed to test your knowledge under real exam conditions. Each course has a number of test sets consisting of hundreds of items to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
Online labs to supplement your training. uCertify labs are an inexpensive & safe way to explore and learn. uCertify labs are versatile - labs simulate real-world, hardware, software & command line interface environments and can be mapped to any text-book, course & training.
State of the Art Educator Tools
uCertify knows the importance of instructors and provide tools to help them do their job effectively. Instructors are able to clone and customize course, do ability grouping, create sections, design grade scale and grade formula, create and schedule assignments. Educators can also move a student from self-paced to mentor-guided to instructor-led mode in three clicks.
Award Winning Learning Platform (LMS)
uCertify has developed an award winning, highly interactive yet simple to use platform. uCertify understands that it is critical to help student focus on learning the subject and not learning the LMS. uCertify helps student retain and recall the knowledge by teaching students using interactive exercises. Features such as actionable analytics and study planner help in keeping students focused.
- Lesson 1: Security Threats and Attacks
- Buffer Overflow Defenses
- Denial of Service Attacks
- Format String Attacks
- IP Address Spoofing
- Password Attacks
- Virtual Machine Attacks
- Using Firewalk
- Web Application Attacks
- Session Hijacking, Tools and Defenses
- Lesson 2: Virus
- Backdoors & Trojan Horses
- User-Mode Rootkits
- Kernel-Mode Rootkits
- Worms, Bots & Bot-Nets
- Lesson 3: Incident Handling
- Incident Handling and the Legal System
- Incident Handling Defined
- Incident Handling Phase 1: Preparation
- Incident Handling Phase 2: Identification
- Incident Handling Phase 3: Containment
- Incident Handling Phase 4: Eradication
- Incident Handling Phase 5: Recovery
- Incident Handling Phase 6: Lessons Learned
- Intellectual Property Incidents
- Espionage Incidents
- Lesson 4: System Scanning and Exploitation
- General Trends in the Hacker Underground
- Scanning: Network Mapping, Port Scanning, and Passive Fingerprinting
- Scanning: Wardialing and Wireless discovery
- Network Sniffing
- Exploiting Systems using Netcat
- Exploiting Windows Shares for Shell Access
- Vulnerability Scanning With Nessus
- Lesson 5: Covering tracks
- Covering Tracks in Unix-Linux
- Covering Tracks on the Network
- Covering Tracks with Steganography
- GIAC Network security Tester
- Network security administrator
- System Analyst
- Firewall administrator
- Application Developer
- Network Security Analyst
- GIAC challenge certification attempt is $999
- Certification attempts taken in conjunction with the associated SANS training course are $549
- You may purchase a retake exam at the cost of $499 from GIAC's website within 30 days of your listed expiration date.
- Purchasing a retake after an exam failure extends your final certification deadline by 60 days; this includes the 30-day waiting period.
- After 3 failed attempts, a candidate has to wait for one year to get GIAC certification.
A GCIH certified professional has career opportunities open up to them, including:
(on a scale of 0-1000)
In the event that you fail your first attempt at passing the GCIH, GIAC's retake Policy is:
At a Glance
Overall Customer Rating!
4.6 out of 5 Pass Ratio: 97.23%.
9 out of 10 customers who purchased this course would recommend the product to their friends.
Our Customers are talking!
I can't believe it. I cleared my gcih exam with an excellent score. I hope that you will continue with quality. Thanks ucertifyBob Chadwick
This study material is simply the best. All the topics are covered and described in the best way. Once you will cover a topic, you will become maser of it. Thanks ucertifyAsher Stuart