HIT-001 - HIT - Healthcare IT Technician
uCertify uses content from well known publishers, instructors, and subject matter experts. They have a minimum of 15 years of experience in their fields. uCertify brings these textbooks to life. It is full of interactive activities that keeps the learner engaged. uCertify brings all available learning resources for a topic in one place so that the learner can efficiently learn without going to multiple places. Challenge questions are also embedded in the chapters so learners can attempt those while they are learning about that particular topic. This helps them grasp the concepts better because they can go over it again right away which improves learning. Learners can do Flashcards, Exercises, Quizzes and Labs related to each chapter. At the end of every lesson, uCertify courses guide the learners on the path they should follow.
uCertify platform supports 50+ different types of interactive activities, connect the idea, or try it yourself lab activities embedded throughout its course. These interactive activities keeps learners engaged and makes learning fun.
Here's What You Get
Each lesson comes with Exercises, Flashcards & Quizzes. There is no limit to the number of times learners can attempt these. Exercises come with detailed remediation, which ensures that learners are confident on the topic before proceeding. Flashcards help master the key concepts while Glossary defines the key terms.
Here's What you will Learn
Lesson 1: Regulatory Requirements
- Identify standard agencies, laws, and regulations.
- Explain and classify HIPAA controls and compliance issues.
- Summarize regulatory rules of record retention, disposal, and archiving.
- Explain and interpret legal best practices, requirements, and documentation.
Lesson 2: Organizational Behavior
- Use best practices for handling PHI in the workplace.
- Identify EHR/EMR access roles and responsibilities.
- Apply proper communication methods in the workplace.
- Identify organizational structures and different methods of operation.
- Given a scenario, execute daily activities while following a code of conduct.
Lesson 3: IT Operations
- Identify commonly used IT terms and technologies.
- Demonstrate the ability to setup a basic PC workstation within an EHR/EMR environment.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot and solve common PC problems.
- Install and configure hardware drivers and devices.
- Compare and contrast basic client networks and tools.
- Setup basic network devices and apply basic configuration settings.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot and solve common network problems.
- Explain the features of different backup configurations and the associated maintenance practices.
- Classify different server types, environments, features, and limitations.
- Compare and contrast EHR/EMR technologies and how each is implemented.
Lesson 4: Medical Business Operations
- Identify commonly used medical terms and devices.
- Explain aspects of a typical clinical environment.
- Identify and label different components of medical interfaces.
- Determine common interface problems and escalate when necessary.
- Explain the basics of document imaging.
- Given a scenario, determine common clinical software problems.
- Describe change control best practices and its system-wide effects.
Lesson 5: Security
- Explain physical security controls.
- Summarize the different encryption types and when each is used.
- Apply best practices when creating and communicating passwords.
- 4 Classify permission levels based on roles.
- Identify different remote access methods and security controls.
- Recognize wireless security protocols and best practices.
- Implement best practices in secure disposal of electronic or physical PHI.
- Implement backup procedures based on disaster recovery policies.
- Identify common security risks and their prevention methods.
Test Prep & Practice Questions
uCertify provides full length practice tests. These tests closely follow the exam objectives and are designed to simulate real exam conditions. Each course has a number of test sets consisting of hundreds of items to ensure that learners are prepared for the certification exam.
Here's What You Get
Each question comes with detailed remediation explaining not only why an answer option is correct but also why the incorrect answer options are incorrect.
Each test can be taken unlimited number of times until the learner feels they are prepared. Learner can review the test and read detailed remediation. Detailed test history is also available.
Each test set comes with learn, test and review modes. In learn mode, learners will attempt a question and will get immediate feedback and complete remediation as they move on to the next question. In test mode, learners can take a timed test simulating the actual exam conditions. In review mode, learners can read through one item at a time without attempting it.
The CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician certification was created due to a growing need for IT in the healthcare IT field. The CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician certification is designed to be a vendor-neutral exam that measures your knowledge of industry-standard technologies and methodologies.
Prepare for the following certification
- IT Technician
Pricing and taxes may vary from country to country.
(on a scale of 100-900)
In the event that you fail your first attempt at passing the HIT-001 examination, CompTIA's retake policy is:
- CompTIA does not require a waiting period between the first and second attempt to pass such examination. However, if you need a third or subsequent attempt to pass the examination, you shall be required to wait for a period of at least fourteen calendar days from the date of your last attempt before you can retake the exam.
- If a candidate has passed an exam, he/she cannot take it again without prior consent from CompTIA.
- A test result found to be in violation of the retake policy will not be processed, which will result in no credit awarded for the test taken. Repeat violators will be banned from participation in the CompTIA Certification Program.
- Candidates must pay the exam price each time they attempt the exam. CompTIA does not offer free re-tests or discounts on retakes.