HIT - Healthcare IT Technician
The CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician certification is an industry recognized credential. This certification is proof of a person's competence across a spectrum of skills required to implement, deploy, and support various Healthcare IT systems. uCertify’s guaranteed certification course for HIT-001 exam is comprehensive and helps you earn your certification and gain knowledge. Here’s what to expect from your uCertify course:
• 100% Exam Coverage • Interactive E-Book • Pre-Assessment Test • 600 Practice Questions with Full Explanations • 157 Interactive Quizzes • Test History and Performance Review and Powerful Analytics • Study Planner • Continuously Updated
Prepare for the following certification
The CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician certification is primarily targeted at IT technicians who wish to deploy and support IT operations and applications in U.S. clinical settings.
- U.S. regulatory requirements
- Organizational behavior
- IT operations
- Medical business operations
HIT-001 Course Duration
uCertify's HIT-001 course is a self-paced, preparation course. The amount of time taken to prepare for the exam depends on your existing knowledge of the area and related experience. We recommend you to spend 3-4 hours if you have the CompTIA A+ certifcation.
Authored by Industry Experts
uCertify uses content from the finest publishers and only the IT industry's finest instructors. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields. Unlike a live class, you can study at your own pace. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefits of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
Exercises, Quizzes & Flashcards
uCertify's exercises, quizzes and flashcards prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes, flashcards and exercises after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding. This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course.
Practice Test Sets
uCertify courses also include full length practice test sets designed to test your knowledge under real exam conditions. Each course has a number of test sets consisting of hundreds of items to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
Online labs to supplement your training. uCertify labs are an inexpensive & safe way to explore and learn. uCertify labs are versatile - labs simulate real-world, hardware, software & command line interface environments and can be mapped to any text-book, course & training.
State of the Art Educator Tools
uCertify knows the importance of instructors and provide tools to help them do their job effectively. Instructors are able to clone and customize course, do ability grouping, create sections, design grade scale and grade formula, create and schedule assignments. Educators can also move a student from self-paced to mentor-guided to instructor-led mode in three clicks.
Award Winning Learning Platform (LMS)
uCertify has developed an award winning, highly interactive yet simple to use platform. uCertify understands that it is critical to help student focus on learning the subject and not learning the LMS. uCertify helps student retain and recall the knowledge by teaching students using interactive exercises. Features such as actionable analytics and study planner help in keeping students focused.
HIT-001 Course/Exam Objectives
- Chapter 1: Regulatory Requirements
- Identify standard agencies, laws, and regulations.
- Explain and classify HIPAA controls and compliance issues.
- Summarize regulatory rules of record retention, disposal, and archiving.
- Explain and interpret legal best practices, requirements, and documentation.
- Chapter 2: Organizational Behavior
- Use best practices for handling PHI in the workplace.
- Identify EHR/EMR access roles and responsibilities.
- Apply proper communication methods in the workplace.
- Identify organizational structures and different methods of operation.
- Given a scenario, execute daily activities while following a code of conduct.
- Chapter 3: IT Operations
- Identify commonly used IT terms and technologies.
- Demonstrate the ability to setup a basic PC workstation within an EHR/EMR environment.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot and solve common PC problems.
- Install and configure hardware drivers and devices.
- Compare and contrast basic client networks and tools.
- Setup basic network devices and apply basic configuration settings.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot and solve common network problems.
- Explain the features of different backup configurations and the associated maintenance practices.
- Classify different server types, environments, features, and limitations.
- Compare and contrast EHR/EMR technologies and how each is implemented.
- Chapter 4: Medical Business Operations
- Identify commonly used medical terms and devices.
- Explain aspects of a typical clinical environment.
- Identify and label different components of medical interfaces.
- Determine common interface problems and escalate when necessary.
- Explain the basics of document imaging.
- Given a scenario, determine common clinical software problems.
- Describe change control best practices and its system-wide effects.
- Chapter 5: Security
- Explain physical security controls.
- Summarize the different encryption types and when each is used.
- Apply best practices when creating and communicating passwords.
- 4 Classify permission levels based on roles.
- Identify different remote access methods and security controls.
- Recognize wireless security protocols and best practices.
- Implement best practices in secure disposal of electronic or physical PHI.
- Implement backup procedures based on disaster recovery policies.
- Identify common security risks and their prevention methods.
- IT technicians.
- CompTIA does not require a waiting period between the first and second attempt to pass such examination. However, if you need a third or subsequent attempt to pass the examination, you shall be required to wait for a period of at least fourteen calendar days from the date of your last attempt before you can retake the exam.
- If a candidate has passed an exam, he/she cannot take it again without prior consent from CompTIA.
- A test result found to be in violation of the retake policy will not be processed, which will result in no credit awarded for the test taken. Repeat violators will be banned from participation in the CompTIA Certification Program.
- Candidates must pay the exam price each time they attempt the exam. CompTIA does not offer free re-tests or discounts on retakes.
A CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician certified professional has several career opportunities open up to them, including:
HIT-001 Exam FAQs
(on a scale of 100-900)
In the event that you fail your first attempt at passing the HIT-001 examination, CompTIA's retake policy is:
At a Glance
|HIT-001 Course Includes||Free||Buy|
|Total Questions (inc. quizzes)||30||600|
Overall Customer Rating!
4.6 out of 5 Pass Ratio: 97.23%.
9 out of 10 customers who purchased this course would recommend the product to their friends.
Our Customers are talking!
Wow! super study materialRabia
Would like to recommend kit for my all my dear friends because I find it so interactive and amazingGabrielle