220-701 - A+ Essentials 2009
Retired. This product is no longer available.
uCertify uses content from well known publishers, instructors, and subject matter experts. They have a minimum of 15 years of experience in their fields. uCertify brings these textbooks to life. It is full of interactive activities that keeps the learner engaged. uCertify brings all available learning resources for a topic in one place so that the learner can efficiently learn without going to multiple places. Challenge questions are also embedded in the chapters so learners can attempt those while they are learning about that particular topic. This helps them grasp the concepts better because they can go over it again right away which improves learning. Learners can do Flashcards, Exercises, Quizzes and Labs related to each chapter. At the end of every lesson, uCertify courses guide the learners on the path they should follow.
uCertify platform supports 50+ different types of interactive activities, connect the idea, or try it yourself lab activities embedded throughout its course. These interactive activities keeps learners engaged and makes learning fun.
Here's What You Get
Each lesson comes with Exercises, Flashcards & Quizzes. There is no limit to the number of times learners can attempt these. Exercises come with detailed remediation, which ensures that learners are confident on the topic before proceeding. Flashcards help master the key concepts while Glossary defines the key terms.
uCertify course includes videos to help understand concepts. It also includes How Tos that help learners with how to accomplish certain tasks.
Here's What you will Learn
Lesson 1: Hardware
- Storage Devices and Backup Media
- Motherboard and its Components
- Power Supplies Types
- CPUs and Their Features
- Cooling Methods and Devices
- Memory Types
- Display Devices
- Configure Peripherals and Input Devices
- Adapter Cards
- Configure and Optimize Laptop Components
- Configure Printers
Lesson 2: Troubleshooting, Repair & Maintenance
- Troubleshoot Theory
- Common Hardware and Operating System Symptoms
- Troubleshooting Methods and Tools for Printers
- Common Laptop Issues and Troubleshooting Methods
- Common Preventative Maintenance Techniques
Lesson 3: Operating System and Software
- Different Windows Operating Systems
- User Interfaces
- Configure the Windows Operating System
- Boot Sequences, Methods and Startup Utilities
Lesson 4: Networking
- Networking Fundamentals
- Network Cables and Connectors
- Network Types
Lesson 5: Security
- Security Concepts
- Security Features
Lesson 6: Operational Procedure
- Safety and Environmental Procedures
- Communication Skills and Professionalism
Test Prep & Practice Questions
uCertify provides full length practice tests. These tests closely follow the exam objectives and are designed to simulate real exam conditions. Each course has a number of test sets consisting of hundreds of items to ensure that learners are prepared for the certification exam.
Here's What You Get
Each question comes with detailed remediation explaining not only why an answer option is correct but also why the incorrect answer options are incorrect.
Each test can be taken unlimited number of times until the learner feels they are prepared. Learner can review the test and read detailed remediation. Detailed test history is also available.
Each test set comes with learn, test and review modes. In learn mode, learners will attempt a question and will get immediate feedback and complete remediation as they move on to the next question. In test mode, learners can take a timed test simulating the actual exam conditions. In review mode, learners can read through one item at a time without attempting it.
The A+ Essential exam is part of CompTIA's A+ certification which comprises of two exams. It is required part to the certification.
The exam covers computer technology, networking and security, as well as the communication skills and professionalism that will be required on the job.
Prepare for the following certification
A CompTIA A+ Certified Professional has several career opportunities open up to them, including:
- Technical Support Specialist
- Field Service Technician
- IT Support Technician
- IT Support Administrator
- IT Support Specialist
(on a scale of 100-900)
In the event that you fail your first attempt at passing the CompTIA A+ 220-702 examination, CompTIA's retake policy is:
- CompTIA does not require a waiting period between the first and second attempt to pass such examination. However, if you need a third or subsequent attempt to pass the examination, you shall be required to wait for a period of at least fourteen (14) calendar days from the date of your last attempt before you can retake the exam.
- If a Candidate has passed an exam, he/she cannot take it again without prior consent from CompTIA.
- A test result found to be in violation of the retake policy will not be processed, which will result in no credit awarded for the test taken. Repeat violators will be banned from participation in the CompTIA Certification Program.
- Candidates must pay the exam price each time they attempt the exam. CompTIA does not offer any free re-tests or discounts on retakes.