A+ Essentials 2009
The CompTIA's A+ Essential exam is an industry recognized vendor neutral credential. The certification is proof of a person's competence across a spectrum of skills. This exam measures the necessary competencies of an entry-level IT professional with a recommended 500 hours of hands-on experience in the lab or field. uCertify’s guaranteed certification course for 220-701 exam is comprehensive and helps you earn your certification and gain knowledge. Here’s what to expect from your uCertify course:
• 100% Exam Coverage • Interactive E-Book • Pre-Assessment • 628 Practice Questions with Full Explanations • 192 Interactive Quizzes • Test History and Performance Review and Powerful Analytics • Study Planner • Continuously Updated
Prepare for the following certification
The A+ Essential exam is part of CompTIA's A+ certification which comprises of two exams. It is required part to the certification.
The exam covers computer technology, networking and security, as well as the communication skills and professionalism that will be required on the job.
- Install, configure, and maintenance of PC components.
- Repair and replacement of laptop components.
- Use of various tools such as multimeter, power-supply tester, loopback plug, cable tester, etc.
- Resolution of common printer issues.
- Knowledge of commands required to troubleshoot and resolve OS problems.
- Use of system utilities such as disk management tools, defrag, NTBACKUP, check disk, etc.
- Troubleshooting client-side connectivity issues by using appropriate tools.
- Installation and configuration of SOHO networks.
- Protection of systems from viruses and malware.
- Implementation of security and troubleshooting common security issues.
220-701 Course Duration
This is a self-paced, independent study program, so there are no minimum or maximum restrictions placed by uCertify. The amount of time you will take depends on your existing knowledge of the area and related experience, as well as your availability. We recommend at least 2-3 weeks if you have a reasonable amount of computer hardware and network knowledge and/or work experience.
Authored by Industry Experts
uCertify uses content from the finest publishers and only the IT industry's finest instructors. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields. Unlike a live class, you can study at your own pace. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefits of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
Exercises, Quizzes & Flashcards
uCertify's exercises, quizzes and flashcards prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes, flashcards and exercises after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding. This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course.
Practice Test Sets
uCertify courses also include full length practice test sets designed to test your knowledge under real exam conditions. Each course has a number of test sets consisting of hundreds of items to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
Online labs to supplement your training. uCertify labs are an inexpensive & safe way to explore and learn. uCertify labs are versatile - labs simulate real-world, hardware, software & command line interface environments and can be mapped to any text-book, course & training.
State of the Art Educator Tools
uCertify knows the importance of instructors and provide tools to help them do their job effectively. Instructors are able to clone and customize course, do ability grouping, create sections, design grade scale and grade formula, create and schedule assignments. Educators can also move a student from self-paced to mentor-guided to instructor-led mode in three clicks.
Award Winning Learning Platform (LMS)
uCertify has developed an award winning, highly interactive yet simple to use platform. uCertify understands that it is critical to help student focus on learning the subject and not learning the LMS. uCertify helps student retain and recall the knowledge by teaching students using interactive exercises. Features such as actionable analytics and study planner help in keeping students focused.
220-701 Course/Exam Objectives
- Lesson 1: Hardware
- Storage Devices and Backup Media
- Motherboard and its Components
- Power Supplies Types
- CPUs and Their Features
- Cooling Methods and Devices
- Memory Types
- Display Devices
- Configure Peripherals and Input Devices
- Adapter Cards
- Configure and Optimize Laptop Components
- Configure Printers
- Lesson 2: Troubleshooting, Repair & Maintenance
- Troubleshoot Theory
- Common Hardware and Operating System Symptoms
- Troubleshooting Methods and Tools for Printers
- Common Laptop Issues and Troubleshooting Methods
- Common Preventative Maintenance Techniques
- Lesson 3: Operating System and Software
- Different Windows Operating Systems
- User Interfaces
- Configure the Windows Operating System
- Boot Sequences, Methods and Startup Utilities
- Lesson 4: Networking
- Networking Fundamentals
- Network Cables and Connectors
- Network Types
- Lesson 5: Security
- Security Concepts
- Security Features
- Lesson 6: Operational Procedure
- Safety and Environmental Procedures
- Communication Skills and Professionalism
A CompTIA A+ Certified Professional has several career opportunities open up to them, including:
- Technical Support Specialist
- Field Service Technician
- IT Support Technician
- IT Support Administrator
- IT Support Specialist
220-701 Exam FAQs
Pricing and taxes may vary from country to country.
(on a scale of 100-900)
In the event that you fail your first attempt at passing the CompTIA A+ 220-702 examination, CompTIA's retake policy is:
- CompTIA does not require a waiting period between the first and second attempt to pass such examination. However, if you need a third or subsequent attempt to pass the examination, you shall be required to wait for a period of at least fourteen (14) calendar days from the date of your last attempt before you can retake the exam.
- If a Candidate has passed an exam, he/she cannot take it again without prior consent from CompTIA.
- A test result found to be in violation of the retake policy will not be processed, which will result in no credit awarded for the test taken. Repeat violators will be banned from participation in the CompTIA Certification Program.
- Candidates must pay the exam price each time they attempt the exam. CompTIA does not offer any free re-tests or discounts on retakes.
At a Glance
|220-701 Course Includes||Free||Buy|
Overall Customer Rating!
4.6 out of 5 Pass Ratio: 97.23%.
9 out of 10 customers who purchased this course would recommend the product to their friends.
Our Customers are talking!
I have passed my exam and wanted to say thanks to your PrepKit.Jebala
220-701 in the first time! The PrepKit certainly prepared me well for the content and the style of questions in the exam.Ruderca
The Course was really helpful for me in passing my exam and I recommend this to anyone preparing for this exam.Maricha