There is only prerequisite for the certification is OCPJP SE 5 or OCPJP SE 6. However, you must be well experienced with the language before you take the exam. Even if you are new to the Java field, you can still pass the exam with self-study. This will require a lot of dedication and practice, especially with code.
Firstly the certification requires you to pass any one of the following exams:
- 1Z0-851- Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 6 Programmer
- 1Z0-853- Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 6 Programmer
Then the certification requires you to pass the following exam:
- 1Z0-858- Oracle Certified Professional, Java EE 5 Web Component Developer
Professionals who have passed OCP, Java (SE 5 or SE 6) Programmer or Sun Certified Java Programmer (any edition) and any previous version of Sun Certified Web Component Developer for the Java Platform exam then now they need to pass only 1Z0-859 exam.
Benefits of the Oracle Certified Professional, Java EE 5 Web Component Developer certification
- The OCPJWCD certification proves your expertise in developing web components using the Oracle Java products and technologies.
- Professionals holding the OCPJWCD certification are preferred by the employers and they also get preference in promotions.
- The OCPJWCD certified professionals have a thorough understanding of all the aspects of Java Server pages and Servlet technologies that help them excel in their career.
- The OCPJWCD certification is helpful for Java programmers who want to upgrade their credentials and get recognition from the industry.
- Full coverage of exam objectives including
- Interactive eBook and/or Chapter by chapter study guide
- Hundreds of practice questions that follow the exam pattern, modeled on real world scenarios
- Detailed answer explanations for both correct and incorrect answer
- Study notes, Interactive Quizzes, Flash Cards, How-tos and more
- Test History and Progress reports to help you stay focused