The technology community identifies CompTIA Network+ as the perfect entry into a networking career. Top technology companies recognize CompTIA Network+ as part of their certification track. Many other corporations recommend or require the CompTIA Network+ certification for their IT employees. The CompTIA Bridge test BR0-002 Network+ 2009 is intended to certify networking technicians who have at least nine months of experience in network support or administration or adequate academic training, along with a CompTIA A+ certification; however, this is not the pre-requisite. To appear in Bridge test BR0-002, a candidate must hold the Network+ certification under the previous version. Attaining the Network+ certification indicates that you know how to configure and install a TCP/IP client on the network.
The CompTIA Bridge test BR0-002 covers a range of networking technologies. Before taking the BR0-002 test, you should practice the following:
- Identify networking media and connectors.
- Identify and work on different networking components.
- Create a network of two computers.
- Know various ports.
- Install a TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Practice on various TCP/IP utilities for troubleshooting the network.
- Create a dial-up connection for connecting to the Internet.
- Install and configure network client protocols such as NetBEUI and IPX/SPX.