Here is what he has to say about it:
” If you’re interested in acquiring industry certification in IT (Microsoft, CompTIA, Oracle, etc) but find it hard to locate a training class that fits either into your schedule or location, then accessing preparation materials online may be the option for you.
There are myriad of learning platforms available but one that stands out (with over 400 titles) is ucertify.com. After gaining the opportunity to access one of their titles, CompTIA Network+ (N10-006) to be specific, here are my findings:
- Pre-Assessment: Courses begin with an assessment quiz to determine ones knowledge base and readiness for the intended certification exam.
- Lessons: The platform includes an interactive e-book that covers the training content. Each topic ends with a mini-quiz.
- Practice Tests: There are over 240 practice questions available (multiple choice, true/false, matching, and short answers).
- Post-Assessment: After completing the lessons and practice tests, there is a post-assessment test that determines one level of readiness. A score of at least 90% is required to show mastery.
- Study Planner: Based on platform usage, an exam readiness score is determined. A score of 100% is ideal. A score over 90% earns you a certificate of completion from uCertify.
- Performance Analytics: The provided reports, which one can share, allows for progress to be gauged and identifies the areas of mastery as well as the areas which need improvement.
Overall, uCertify provides a viable alternative for the individual who wishes to earn an industry certification at his/her own pace and is disciplined enough to complete the course objectives in a timely manner.
Side Note: Self-study aside, ucertify.com is an ideal tool to assist institutions/instructors in providing learning material for students and also to assess how well students are grasping course content.”