Creating and Managing Microsoft Windows(r) Services, Serviced Components, .NET Remoting Objects, and XML Web Services
- The SessionID property of the HttpSessionState class identifies an active ASP.NET session by using a unique session ID.
- The Process.Start method is used to start a Windows application and is registered in the system registry on a computer.
- The Status property of the ServiceController class specifies the status of the current instance of a Windows service.
- If a class derives from the ServiceBase class, the OnCustomCommand method is executed when the Service Control Manager (SCM) passes a custom command to the service. This method is used to specify actions when a command with the specified parameter value occurs.
- The AutoLog property of the ServiceBase class is used to determine whether or not a service automatically logs the entries in the event log when events such as Start, Stop, Pause, and Continue occur.
- The CreateEventSource method of the EventLog class establishes an application as a valid event source for writing event information to a particular event log on a computer.
- The Imports statement is used to import namespace names from referenced projects and assemblies.
General high availability technologies in 10g
- The ORDER BY clause sorts the records in ascending order and it comes last in the SELECT statement.
- The Online redo log files and the operating system flat file are used to store a copy of a data dictionary.
- RMAN can be used to take an incremental backup for tablespaces and data files.
- The rman target/ command is used to maintain backup copies by connecting to the target database and returns the RMAN prompt to issue further backup commands.
- The NLS_LANG parameter must be set to specify the language, territory, and character set used in an application.
- CONFIGURE is an RMAN command that configures an RMAN environment.
- CONFIGURE RETENTION POLICY CLEAR is a command that will configure the retention policy to the default of REDUNDANCY 1.
- RMAN is used to migrate the database files from conventional file system storage to ASM storage.
- The control file, target database catalog, and Recovery catalog are used to store the RMAN’s persistent settings.
- The redo files are opened after executing the ALTER DATABASE OPEN command on a database when it is in MOUNT mode.
- RMAN can be used to move database objects from a non-ASM disk location to an ASM disk group.
- The V dynamic performance view includes the status, the location where the block change tracking file is stored, and the size in bytes of the file.
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is an Internet service that helps in transferring files from one computer to another over the Internet.
- Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) is a more secure version of Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP). It provides tunneling, address assignment, and authentication.
- Virtual private network (VPN) uses a tunneling protocol to span public networks, such as the Internet, without security risk. VPN enables remote users to access corporate networks securely by using a tunneling protocol such as PPTP or L2TP.
- TCP/IP is the primary protocol of the Internet.
- SMTP uses port 25 by default.
- Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) is a network maintenance protocol of the TCP/IP protocol suite. It is responsible for the resolution of IP addresses to media access control (MAC) addresses of a network interface card (NIC).
- FTP uses port 20 and 21 by default.
- MIME stands for Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions. It is a standard for multi-part, multimedia electronic mail messages and World Wide Web hypertext documents on the Internet.
- The TCP/IP protocol should be bound to the dial-up adapter for Internet access on a Windows 98 computer.
New Features of Oracle 10g, Oracle 10g Installation, Server Configuration, and Maintenance of the Software
- Memory – 512MB, Temp space – 400MB of free space in the /tmp directory applicable for the Unix operating system, Swap space – 1GB or twice the amount of RAM, Free disk space – 1.5GB are the minimum hardware requirements to install Oracle 10g.
- The Installation Type list box is used to decide the type of installation.
- Oracle Management Agent (OMA) is a centralized administrative tool that is capable of administering the database server and an application server.
- The location (/u01/app/oracle) will be considered as the base of Optimal Flexible Architecture (OFA).
- The password file is used to authenticate the administrative tasks from remote locations.
- An Oracle 10g client can be used to connect to an Oracle 8i or 9i database by using the following syntax: