Configuring Recovery Manager
- The control file, target database catalog, and Recovery catalog is used to store the RMAN’s persistent settings.
- The alert log file is used to find out the values of the changed parameters at the time of instance startup.
- The NLS_LANG parameter must be set to specify the language, territory, and character set used in an application.
- CONFIGURE RETENTION POLICY CLEAR is a command that will configure the retention policy to the default of REDUNDANCY 1.
- CONFIGURE is an RMAN command that configures an RMAN environment.
- The rman target/ command is used to maintain backup copies by connecting to the target database and returns the RMAN prompt to issue further backup commands.
- The redo files are opened after executing the ALTER DATABASE OPEN command on a database when it is in MOUNT mode.
Understanding Globalization Support
New Features of Oracle 10g, Oracle 10g Installation, Server Configuration, and Maintenance of the Software
- Memory – 512MB, Temp space – 400MB of free space in the /tmp directory applicable for the Unix operating system, Swap space – 1GB or twice the amount of RAM, Free disk space – 1.5GB are the minimum hardware requirements to install Oracle 10g.
- The Installation Type list box is used to decide the type of installation.
- Oracle Management Agent (OMA) is a centralized administrative tool that is capable of administering the database server and an application server.
- The location (/u01/app/oracle) will be considered as the base of Optimal Flexible Architecture (OFA).
- The password file is used to authenticate the administrative tasks from remote locations.
- An Oracle 10g client can be used to connect to an Oracle 8i or 9i database by using the following syntax: