Microsoft has scheduled to retire most of their MCTS and MCITP exams on July 31, 2013. Candidates are required to pass these exams before retirement to achieve these certifications. Although these certifications are being retired by Microsoft, they will continue to be valuable as long as companies are using the technologies covered in the certification. These retired certifications will still appear on your transcript, but will be designated as Legacy.
If you are preparing for these exams, you have an opportunity to buy uCertify PrepKits at a significantly discounted price. You can buy any of these PrepKits at a 35% discount by using the discount code ‘mic35’ at checkout. Below are the list of the PrepKits on which you can get discount.
- 70-270: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- 70-290: Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
- 70-291: Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
- 70-293: Planning and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
- 70-294: Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure
- 70-297: Designing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and Network Infrastructure
- 70-433: TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Database Development
- 70-450: PRO: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Designing, Optimizing, and Maintaining a Database Administrative Solution
- 70-451: PRO: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Designing and Optimizing Database Solutions
- 70-452: PRO: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Designing a Business Intelligence Solution
- 70-502: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 – Windows Presentation Foundation
- 70-503 TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 – Windows Communication Foundation
- 70-504: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 – Workflow
- 70-505: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, Windows Forms Application Development
- 70-506: MCTS: Silverlight 4, Development
- 70-536: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework – Application Development Foundation
- 70-561 TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, ADO.NET Application Development
- 70-562: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET Application Development
- 70-563: Pro: Designing and Developing Windows Applications Using the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
- 70-564 PRO: Designing and Developing ASP.NET Applications Using the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
- 70-565: PRO: Designing and Developing Enterprise Applications Using the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
- 70-620: TS: Configuring Microsoft Windows Vista Client
- 70-622: Pro: Microsoft Desktop Support – ENTERPRISE
- 70-623: Pro: Microsoft Desktop Support – CONSUMER
- 70-643: TS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
- 70-647: Pro: Windows Server 2008, Enterprise Administrator
- 70-648: Upgrading your MCSA on Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008, Technology Specialist
- 70-649: Upgrading your MCSE on Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008, Technology Specialist
- 70-660: TS: Windows Internals
- 70-681: TS: Windows 7 and Office 2010, Deploying
- 70-682: Pro: Upgrading to Windows 7 MCITP Enterprise Desktop Support Technician
- 70-683: TS: Windows 7, Preinstalling for OEMs
- 70-691: Windows Server 2008 HPC Environments, Developing
These exams will retire on July 31, 2013. So, you must take the advantage of uCertify’s discount offer and pass your exam before it expire.
Microsoft is giving candidates who didn’t pass their exams in the first attempt a wonderful opportunity to retake their exam for free!
This offer from Microsoft is valid only through June 30, 2010, so, hurry! Plan to retake your Microsoft certification exam as soon as possible.
For more information, click on the following link:
Microsoft Second Shot Offer
Optimizing the performance of database servers and databases
- Memory: Pages/sec counter is used to detect whether or not the memory bottleneck is caused by I/O overhead.
- Disk I/O bottleneck can be monitored by Physical Disk: % Disk Time and Physical Disk: Avg Disk Queue Length counters.
- The System Monitor tool is used to know the cause of slow authentication.
- The SQLServer: Buffer Manager performance object is used to check the amount of RAM used by a computer.
- The Physical Disk: %Disk Time counter measures the pressure on a physical hard disk array.
- Add more RAM if the reading of Memory: Pages/sec counter is high.
- Reduce the Maximum Worker Thread configuration settings if the value of System: Processor Queue Length counter is high.
Developing applications that use system types and collections
- Use the CausesValidation property of the ImageButton class to set a value to indicate whether validation is performed on a Web server control when an ImageButton control is clicked.
- Installation packages are created for deploying a Web application by using a Web Setup project. A merge module project is used for components to be added to the application.
- Use the Web Setup project and Deployment project to create installation packages for the deployment of Web-based applications such as XML Web services, Web applications etc., to a Web server.
- Use a RequiredFieldValidator control to check whether or not an input control contains a value.
- Use a RegularExpressionValidator control to check whether or not the value entered into a form field matches the pattern specified by a regular expression.
Creating and Managing Microsoft Windows(r) Services, Serviced Components, .NET Remoting Objects, and XML Web Services
- The SessionID property of the HttpSessionState class identifies an active ASP.NET session by using a unique session ID.
- The Process.Start method is used to start a Windows application and is registered in the system registry on a computer.
- The Status property of the ServiceController class specifies the status of the current instance of a Windows service.
- If a class derives from the ServiceBase class, the OnCustomCommand method is executed when the Service Control Manager (SCM) passes a custom command to the service. This method is used to specify actions when a command with the specified parameter value occurs.
- The AutoLog property of the ServiceBase class is used to determine whether or not a service automatically logs the entries in the event log when events such as Start, Stop, Pause, and Continue occur.
- The CreateEventSource method of the EventLog class establishes an application as a valid event source for writing event information to a particular event log on a computer.
- The Imports statement is used to import namespace names from referenced projects and assemblies.
Microsoft’s MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician (Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Enterprise Support Technician) certification validates that a professional has the knowledge and skills to support and troubleshoot the latest Microsoft Windows Vista operating system.
The MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician credential also certifies that the professional has the knowledge and skills to diagnose and resolve all types of desktop support issues, including mobile and personal devices.
What are the Job Roles for MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician certified professionals?
The job roles for MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician certified professionals typically include: technical support specialists, PC support specialists, help desk technician and customer support representatives.