LPI has announced a new release of Senior Level Mixed Environment Exam from October 1, 2013. Linux Professional Institute has made changes in its Senior Level Linux Professional Certification. The two exams– 117-301 and 117-302 has been merged into one exam 117-300. From October 1, 2013 candidates can choose any one exam from 300 series as 300 Mixed Environment, 303 Security or 304 High Availability and Virtualization to achieve Senior Level Linux Certification. The 301 and 302 exams are valid upto Dec 31 2013. Candidates who intend to take these exams must schedule and register their exam before December 31st 2013. This certification establishes your competence for well-defined Linux-related functions and easily demonstrates your competence to a potential contractor or employer. The certification helps you set out and follow a career path.
What’s cover in 300 Exam?
The LPI-300 exam replaces both the exams and also provides the designation of LPIC-3 Mixed Environment. LPI-300 exam will be available from Oct 1, 2013 and has given freedom to candidate to take any one of the exam from 300 series to attain LPI-3 certification. Candidates must have LPIC-2 certification to achieve LPIC-3 certification. Candidates can take LPIC-2 exams in any order and any one exam from LPIC-3 exams to gain LPIC-3 certification. Passing any one exam as 300(replaces 301 and 302), 303 or 304 is the essential requirement for this certification.
To pass LPIC-3 Mixed Environment Specialty following things are taken into consideration-
- Candidates should have several years of experience with installing and maintaining Linux on computers.
- Candidates should have integration experience with diverse technologies and operating systems
- Candidates should have professional experience and know advanced and enterprise levels of Linux administration, including installation, management, security, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Candidates should be able to plan, architect, design, build and implement a full environment using Samba3, Samba4 and be able to use open-source tools to measure capacity planning and to troubleshoot resource problems
- Candidates should have experience for using LDAP to integrate with Unix services and Windows services, including Samba, PAM, NSS, Active Directory.
Retirement of Exam LPI 301 and 302
|Details||301: Core||302:Mixed Environment|
|Available From||January 2007||January 2007|
|Requirement||301 exam||301 exam and any one exam from 304 and 305|
|Prerequisites||LPIC-2 exam in any order||LPIC-2 exam in any order|
a) LPI-301:- This exam is the sole exam for LPIC-3 certification. The candidates must have essential skills such as authentication, troubleshooting, network integration and capacity planning.
b) LPI-302:- On the completion of this exam, candidates can get LPI-3 certification.
To get more information about Senior Level Linux Professional Certification, please visit the following link http://www.ucertify.com/certifications/Linux/lpic-3.html