- Fiber-optic cables use optical fibers to carry digital data signals in the form of modulated pulses of light.
- Enhanced Capabilities Port (ECP) is a high-speed parallel port developed by Hewlett-Packard and Microsoft in 1992. It offers improved performance for the parallel port and requires special hardware logic. ECP ports support high throughput communications.
- It is recommended to verify the hardware on the Linux hardware compatibility list before installing the operating system on a computer.
- The BNC connectors are required to join the network interface card in the computer with the coaxial network cable.
- Before installing Linux on a new computer, it is recommended to verify that each device is listed in the Hardware Compatibility List (HCL).
- An Error Correcting Code (ECC) memory module detects and corrects single-bit errors in memory.
To get a glimpse of the CompTIA Linux+ certification PrepKit, you can download its free demo version (which contains 15 free practice questions) from uCertify’s web site. Click the link below:
- XK0-002 Linux + (2004) (Linux Plus)
Download link: http://www.ucertify.com/certifications/CompTIA/linux-plus.html