The CX310-090(Sun Certified Business Component Developer for the Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition 1.3) test checks your ability to understand, test, and develop basic EJB codes. It requires you to have a good understanding of enterprise Java beans 2.0, and the ability to write code for well-defined design applications. The test asks all sorts of tricky questions, which you might not encounter in the real world. Practicing the following things with the subject will make you confident enough of scoring well in the test:
- Identify characteristics, programming restrictions, and benefits of EJB 2.0. Understand the responsibilities of the EJB container and those of a bean provider.
- Identify the methods that are exposed and that are hidden from a client through interfaces using the client view in case of session bean and entity bean home and remote interfaces.
- Understand the differences between stateless session beans, stateful session beans, entity beans, and message-driven beans for EJB 2.0.
- Identify methods that are present in local home interface, local component interface, remote home, and remote component interface. Some methods may be present in more than one interface.
- Understand the life cycles of session, entity, and message-driven beans.
- Identify correctly-implemented deployment descriptor elements for an enterprise Java bean.