CompTIA offers IT certifications that help start and grow your IT career. Find the right certification, from A+, Security+, Cloud Essentials, CySA+, and CASP, train for it with the uCertify courses and pass the exam in your first attempt. The CompTIA IT certs help you grow you as a successful IT professional with a great number of job opportunities. CompTIA’s vendor-neutral certifications are the starting point for a career in IT. They show employers you have the skills to do the job, regardless of the vendor hardware or software. You should keep the certification. Let’s start with understanding why keeping your certification current ensures longevity in your IT career. Second, know about the renewal processes and their requirements. This will help you choose the best-suited renewal path for you based on time, cost, and your long-term career goals. But don’t worry, if you ever have any questions about the CompTIA CE program, we’ll be here to help you out through every stage of the process. CompTIA Continuing Education Program allows you to simultaneously keep your skills current while validating your expertise. Renewing your certification helps you maximize your overall return on the time and financial resources you put forth to prepare for and pass your exam.
Every CompTIA certification requires a specific number of CEUs for renewal. You can earn CEUs by completing activities.
- A+ Certification – 20 CEUs
- CASP Certification – 60 CEUs
- CySA+ Certification – 60 CEUs
- Cloud+ Certification – 50 CEUs
- Security+ Certification – 50 CEUs
- Network+ Certification – 30 CEUs
There are three steps in the renewal process:
Step 1: Learn about the renewal process
Step 2: Choose your renewal path
Step 3: Submit your CEUs and renew
How to Earn CEUs
Your activities like sitting for the exam must meet the following requirements to qualify for CEUs:
- Timing: Activities must be completed during your three-year renewal cycle.
- Relevance: At least 50% of the activity content must relate to one or more exam objectives for the certification you’re renewing.
- Documentation: You’ll need to provide documentation for the following activities to receive CEUs:
- Earn Non-CompTIA IT industry certifications
- Complete training and higher education
- Participate in IT industry activities
- Publish a relevant article, white paper, blog post or book
- Gain related work experience
So, now when you have all the knowledge related to the CompTIA CEU and renewal procedures then you should renew your certification and have the CEUs. Prepare and pass the various CompTIA cert exams with the uCertify study guide to enhance your career prospects.