The certification test for Oracle 11g Database SQL Expert (1Z0-047) requires a profound knowledge of developing a database. Oracle certifications are considered to be the hottest credentials in the database world. To clear the exam of 1Z0-047, you must be well versed with the objectives specified for the test. Practicing especially in the following areas will definitely help raise your level of confidence:
- Use the SELECT statement along with its various functions.
- Use conversion functions.
- Create schema objects.
- Use the GROUP function with all its possible clauses.
- Use SQL and iSQL*Plus statements.
- Use equi-joins, non-equi-joins, self joins, and outer joins.
- Generate Cartesian products from tables.
- Use sub queries.
- Use multi-table INSERTS.
- Perform FLASHBACK operations.
- Grant and revoke privileges and roles on a table.
Deepak Jaisingh has 10+ years of technical experience in various industries like Banking, Manufacturing, Insurance etc. His expertise lie in Database and System Administration. His “Never Give Up” attitude is the reason behind all his success. He started his career in a small call center, then very soon he migrated to IT and from there on he never looked back. Oracle became his passion and his job, his obsession.
Deepak is an Oracle certified professional (OCP) and Sun Certified Java Professional (SCJP). He is currently perusing OCM.
Deepak is co-author and contributor for following PrepKits:
1Z0-042: Oracle 10g DBA Admin I
1Z0-043: Oracle 10g DBA Admin I,
1Z0-047: Oracle 11g SQL Expert
Developing applications that use system types and collections
- Use the CausesValidation property of the ImageButton class to set a value to indicate whether validation is performed on a Web server control when an ImageButton control is clicked.
- Installation packages are created for deploying a Web application by using a Web Setup project. A merge module project is used for components to be added to the application.
- Use the Web Setup project and Deployment project to create installation packages for the deployment of Web-based applications such as XML Web services, Web applications etc., to a Web server.
- Use a RequiredFieldValidator control to check whether or not an input control contains a value.
- Use a RegularExpressionValidator control to check whether or not the value entered into a form field matches the pattern specified by a regular expression.
- Use the validation error messages to be displayed on a Web page in a message box by setting the ShowMessageBox property of the ValidationSummary control to true. By setting the ValidationSummary property of the ValidationSummary control to false, the validation summary will not be displayed on the Web page.
- Create and sort an array of data using the System namespace.
Retrieving data using the SQL SELECT statement and using single row functions to customize the output
- /*…*/ and — are used to put comments in an Oracle program.
- The CREATE TABLE does not end immediately with a semicolon, and a column name cannot start with a numeric value. However, a numeric value can be used in between a column name.
- Name of a table cannot start with @ special character.
- Knowing about the GROUP BY clause.
Using sub queries and set operators to solve queries, as well as DDL statements to create and manage tables
- + (unary), – (unary), *, /, ||, =, !=, <, >, <=, >=, IS NULL, LIKE, BETWEEN, IN, NOT, AND, OR is the correct order of operators precedence.
Q. What is the pre-requisite for taking the 1z0-047 test?
A. There is no pre-requisite for the 1Z0-047 test. The 1z0-047 is a Beta test, known by the name Oracle Database SQL Expert. The production test of the same (1Z0-047) is available now. You can entirely waive your 1Z0-007 credential, which is for OCP by taking the 1z0-047 test. The Oracle database credential track is the most preferable to start a career as Oracle professional. Before taking the 1z0-047 test, you must be proficient with using SQL queries and statements.
Q. What exactly are Beta tests?