The certification test for Oracle 10g Administration-II (1Z0-043) requires thorough understanding of administrative tasks of a database. To clear the 1Z0-043 exam, a candidate must be well versed with the objectives specified for the test. Before taking the test, you should practice the following:
- Configure Recovery Manager.
- Understand Globalization support.
- Use datatime datatypes.
- Use linguistic sort parameters.
- Use linguistic searches.
- Recover from user errors.
- Use various Flashback technologies.
- Understand the Recycle Bin.
Deepak Jaisingh has 10+ years of technical experience in various industries like Banking, Manufacturing, Insurance etc. His expertise lie in Database and System Administration. His “Never Give Up” attitude is the reason behind all his success. He started his career in a small call center, then very soon he migrated to IT and from there on he never looked back. Oracle became his passion and his job, his obsession.
Deepak is an Oracle certified professional (OCP) and Sun Certified Java Professional (SCJP). He is currently perusing OCM.
Deepak is co-author and contributor for following PrepKits:
1Z0-042: Oracle 10g DBA Admin I
1Z0-043: Oracle 10g DBA Admin I,
1Z0-047: Oracle 11g SQL Expert
Bob Bryla is an Oracle 8, 8i, 9, 10g and 11g Certified Professional with more than 20 years of experience in database design, database application development, training, and Oracle database administration. He is the primary internet database designer and developer at Lands’ End in Dodgeville, Wisconsin. Bob works with PL/SQL and Oracle on a daily basis to support the back end of the world’s #1 clothing web site, landsend.com.
Bob Bryla Co-Author and contributor for following uCertify PrepKit
1Z0-052 OCA: Oracle Database 11g: Administration I
Configuring Recovery Manager
- The control file, target database catalog, and Recovery catalog is used to store the RMAN’s persistent settings.
- The alert log file is used to find out the values of the changed parameters at the time of instance startup.
- The NLS_LANG parameter must be set to specify the language, territory, and character set used in an application.
- CONFIGURE RETENTION POLICY CLEAR is a command that will configure the retention policy to the default of REDUNDANCY 1.
- CONFIGURE is an RMAN command that configures an RMAN environment.
- The rman target/ command is used to maintain backup copies by connecting to the target database and returns the RMAN prompt to issue further backup commands.
- The redo files are opened after executing the ALTER DATABASE OPEN command on a database when it is in MOUNT mode.
Understanding Globalization Support
Retrieving data using the SQL SELECT statement and using single row functions to customize the output
- /*…*/ and — are used to put comments in an Oracle program.
- The CREATE TABLE does not end immediately with a semicolon, and a column name cannot start with a numeric value. However, a numeric value can be used in between a column name.
- Name of a table cannot start with @ special character.
- Knowing about the GROUP BY clause.
Using sub queries and set operators to solve queries, as well as DDL statements to create and manage tables
- + (unary), – (unary), *, /, ||, =, !=, <, >, <=, >=, IS NULL, LIKE, BETWEEN, IN, NOT, AND, OR is the correct order of operators precedence.
Q. What is the pre-requisite for taking the 1z0-043 exam?
A. The 1z0-042 exam is the pre-requisite for Oracle Database 10g OCP credential. Additionally, it also requires hands-on experience to obtain the credential. The 1z0-043 exam is meant for serious database professionals. Acquiring an OCP credential is a real professional accomplishment that requires training and hands-on experience.
Q. What credit it provides?
A. After passing the 1z0-043 exam, you will be Oracle 10g certified Professional (OCP) Also, you will be eligible