The 1Z0-007 test focuses on your ability to use SQL statements to interact with Oracle databases. This test requires you to have a very good command over SQL. For this purpose, along with studying books and taking various practice tests, you should also practice with Oracle. While practicing with Oracle, you can learn a lot of things that are of great importance from the test point of view. Practicing the following things with Oracle will make you confident of scoring well in the test:
- Install Oracle and create a database.
- Create tables, views, synonyms, indexes, and sequences.
- Insert, update, delete, and query data using SQL statements.
- Sort rows in ascending and descending orders by using the ORDER BY clause.
- Restrict the display of rows using the WHERE clause.
Oracle has specified more than forty objectives for 1Z0-007 (Introduction to Oracle9i: SQL) test, which are covered under thirteen topics. Following are some important areas over which one should have good command before taking the test:
- Executing a basic SELECT statement.
- Limiting the rows retrieved by a query.
- Using character, number, and date functions in SELECT statements.
- Writing SELECT statements to access data from more than one table by using equality and nonequality joins.
- Viewing data that generally does not meet a join condition by using outer joins.
- Using group functions.
To get a glimpse of the 1Z0-007 PrepKit, you can download its free demo version (which contains 15 free practice questions) from:
Download link: http://www.ucertify.com/exams/Oracle/1Z0-007.html