The CompTIA A+ is being updated and from September 2006 candidates will have to take the CompTIA A+ Essential exam along with the CompTIA A+ 220-602 exam to gain CompTIA A+ credentials for A+ certified IT Technician. The CompTIA A+ 220-602 exam will focus on how to apply technology skills in specific job environments, such as IT Technician, IT Administrator, Service Technician, Field PC Technician, or Computer Technician. With the introduction of the 2006 A+, candidates will have to lay emphasis on Windows 2000, XP, and 2003 versions. The new pattern of CompTIA A+ IT Technician has specified more than twenty objectives, which are grouped under eight topics. Following are some important areas in which an individual should possess good knowledge before taking the 220-602 IT Technician test:
- Adding, removing, and configuring personal computer components.
- Performing preventive maintenance of personal computer components.
- Identifying appropriate applications for laptop-specific communication connections such as Bluetooth, infrared, cellular WAN, and Ethernet.
- Identifying appropriate laptop-specific power and electrical input devices and determining how amperage and voltage can affect performance.
- Using command-line functions and utilities, including proper syntaxes and switches, to manage operating systems.
Pass A+ certification exam in first attempt. Download latest exam simulation, questions, tutorial and study guide for A+:
- 220-601 A+ Essentials
- 220-602 A+ IT Technician
- 220-603 A+ Remote Support Technician
- 220-604 A+ Depot Technician